Are SL1000 a good deal?

120 meters

1 Like

The Olight and Magichine RN3500 are currently on sale at Amazon for $120. That is about 40% off the regular price.

1 Like

Itā€™s a good deal since it comes with the battery pack. Only downside I can say is the charge port being micro USB and not type C, and having to be creative with mounting it on the trucks. But battery life has been amazing.

the new SL300, SL1000 use USB C so thatā€™s been fixed, and the battery life is pretty significantly improved. Iā€™ve also personally ridden mine in the rain and had two boards die to the water damage while all of my shredlights are still running, so fwiw the water resistance seems to have gotten better too!

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried the 200s, 3 front lights broke down due to vibrations. I like the rear ones though, they seem to be holding up for whatever reason. I like the convience of shredlights but donā€™t think Iā€™ll give the new ones a go. Mainly due to the price

1 Like

Here is a potential alternative. I am running Magicshine RN1500 x 2 on the front of my Hurricane. The lights themselves are super tough and one has accidentally been kicked off with no issues. I am using a cheaper dual GoPro adapter on the front of the board that lines up with the truck bolts perfectly. Just need to drill out the center piece and twist it out. I set them at 750 lumen output each. Lasts well over 3 hours in this setting.

2 Likes

no one is going to say 121.92 meters over 400 feet in 'Murica! But we would pick saying 120 meters over 393.7 feet :crazy_face:

1 Like

'Murica

Iā€™m surprised we donā€™t say

ā€œstarted riding and within 4724 & 27 / 64ths thumbsā€

3 Likes

fractions are the worst

At least Shredlights is metric 200, 300, 1000 :joy:

1 Like

Half the cons donā€™t even matterā€¦ lights weigh almost nothing and with a Spintend, integration is stupid easy. Built-in lights def the play.

1 Like

What about bike lights that are meant to be used with e-bikes. They accept a wide range of voltages. Has anyone tried to use them on and ESK8?

1 Like

Ive been looking to Helmet mount an SL1000 or two to keep my hands free, I do like a torch but itā€™s cumbersome and distracting to have to use it and not just carry itā€¦ and then I crashed the other night with it in my pocket, which is ironic because if I was actually using it, I wouldnt have crashed and shredded my arse :melting_face: I figure a helmet mounted light wont care what board Iā€™m riding eitherā€¦ anyway, as a part of the searching for something OTHER than an SL1000 with similar capacity and I came across this little item which has me rethinking everything that made sense to me this morningā€¦

https://www.wiggle.com.au/gemini-titan-2500-oled-2-cell-front-light

I have some concerns that this type of connection wont hold the front bar strongly enoughā€¦ I could Fab something up but for $400 I rekon it should just work OOTBā€¦ (Pictured is the 4000 model I think)

The helmet mounts for the SL1000 are decent or not so great? If the mounts are decent I think Iā€™ll have to go that path

i ride in total darkness miles from anyone,i have 3 sl1000s on helmet mounts. I personaly love them. There are cheaper options, but these dont fall off,HOWEVER i use my own double sided tape to affix. My only complaint is their double sided tape leaves something to be desired.

I have had bad luck with the type of connection in your pic, it will end up pointing down

1 Like

1 Like