Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

If anyone has Ahmyo Akashas on hand I need some help, just the distance from the inside edge of the wheel to the inside edge of the bearing (the length of hangar ‘covered’ by the wheel). For both the downhill and freerides

1 Like

So I ended up connecting all of those wires as well as the 3.3v power pins, and surprisingly the slave vesc lit up! I connected to it via the SWD Prog menu and it found it successfully. Unfortunately each time I select the vesc six firmware to flash with, I would click ‘Upload’ and the master vesc would loose connection to the vesc tool and the terminal would print out this stack trace:

AP 0: IDR=24770011 CFG=00000000 BASE=e00ff003 CSW=23000040
0xe000e000: Generic IP component - Cortex-M4 SCS (System Control Space)
-> cortexm_probe
0xe0001000: Generic IP component - Cortex-M3 DWT (Data Watchpoint and Trace)
0xe0002000: Generic IP component - Cortex-M3 FBP (Flash Patch and Breakpoint)
0xe0000000: Generic IP component - Cortex-M3 ITM (Instrumentation Trace Module)
0xe0040000: Debug component - Cortex-M4 TPIU (Trace Port Interface Unit)
0xe0041000: Debug component - Cortex-M4 ETM (Embedded Trace)

Has anyone encountered this behavior?

Does anyone know why my smart BMS app is showing 100% all the time?

Probably you need to reset the capacity or something.

Yeah, Ill see if there is a option for that.

Mabye my nominal and cycle capacity is wrong, but what would I change it to for a 12s5p 30q pack?

5x3Ah i would say

2 Likes

There’s a bunch more settings on the pc app that connects to the bms if I remember correctly you need to select the cell voltages at corresponding capacity percentages.

1 Like

What’s the height of a stacked, staggered 18650 pack? Figuring out how much routing I need to do

If we imagine a triangle, and put a cell in each corner, we get an equilateral triangle with a side length of 2 x half the diameter of a cell = radius of a cell, in your case 18mm. Height of an equilateral triangle is sqrt(3)/2 * side = ~15.6mm.

However, that’s the triangle from center to center, so we have to add half a diameter at the bottom, and half a diameter at the top to get the total pack height. So final answer is 15.6 + 18 = 33.6mm

3 Likes

Don’t forget to leave a couple mm for fishpaper between and on the outside of the cells

2 Likes

Think you meant half of diameter which is radius then multiply by two to get back to diameter but the math looks right.

1 Like

yup; whoops :laughing:

Anyone know what this is called and where you can buy them? The are like bronze and in between my retainer ring and motor bearing on my 5055 motor

It’s a shim. They come in a myriad of sizes, shapes and materials. I got mine from McMaster.com.

How do I find out the size?

Do I just have to contact the company?

Measure them…?

5 Likes

Where does one order inner tubes for pnuematics (dickyhos) in the US?

1 Like

What’s a good voltage cutoff for a 12s4p 30Q pack?