Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

How 0.o?
There is plastic preventing the bearings to come to close to eachother. Are you dead sure?
These are 97mm abec clones

yes, i have skateboarded for a while

5 Likes

I know you use these for standard size wheels, but the 97mm ones have spacers out of plastic in their design…
So I’m confused how they should fit there

put one bearing in then the spacer and then the other bearing

1 Like

Always a spacer.

Unless you use these:

3 Likes

I feel dumb not knowing how to put this spacer in, since the bearings are separated by pitch of the plastic…
How do I fit the spacer in there?
It would just fly around if I put it in there :frowning:

Bearing–spacer–bearing…turn board on side, put wheel on and spin it, will settle down onto axle.

3 Likes

That’s what I learned too, but I struggle with how to do that bearing-speacer-bearing.
How do you get bearings out? Raw power with a screwdriver? Maybe I can post some pictures so that you can help me? ^^

1 Like

well first of course you have to take one bearing out, then just put the spacer in the wheel so the hole is in the same direction as the bearing hole. Then you put the other bearing in

1 Like

How am I supposed to get a spacer in there that won’t move around?

1 Like

it moves around, that’s normal xd
when putting the wheel on your axle you’ll have to align it with the bearing holes

2 Likes

How am I supposed to align it with the bearing holes :((((((

Stick small Allen key through bearings + spacer, slide wheel into axle while removing the Allen key at the same time. Boom, you got yourself a mounted wheel.

4 Likes

also this ↑

i just put the wheel on the axle and spun it until it dropped down. But since i exclusively use zealous bearings I don’t need to anymore

1 Like

that’s a different type of wheel, on normal wheels you can’t do that

1 Like

The wheel is different obviously. But the way to install it is the same and thats what matters.

3 Likes

What did I do wrong?

ow never mind, i thought he put that whole stack in the wheel in 1 push, xd i didn’t watch the whole vid

perfect, that’s how it’s supposed to be

7 Likes

As I assumed, the spacer is now freely doing its thing in there :frowning:

Thats why I thought I don’t need it, since it doesn’t fit in any hole or something