Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Order #20515

2 Likes

paul. if you want an email message me.

1 Like

Besides making direct contact with road debris or ingress of water (im sealing everything), are there any arguments for not putting the loopkey and charge port on the front of the enclosure? (it wont make contact with the trucks, it has enough clearance)

Will be hard to pull out you’ll have you hand wedged down between trucks and enclosure depending on clearance maybe not an issue but looks tight to me.

2 Likes

Another stock eboosted image showing the ports on the sides, but I feel like I wont be able to get both the loopkey and GX16-3 port to fit. I would prefer them to be separated anyways.

Its looking like one for each side

red = loopkey
blue = chargeport

1 Like

@longhairedboy I noticed last week, while reading up on lighting kits, that you had bought an rc light kit that connects to the receiver. Did it work well? Were there limitations and did it survive?

1 Like

Few questions.
Why is the trampa vesc6+ so expensive.
What is the advantage over two vesc6+ vs one Unity
(apart that two singles are better
And please no negative remarks on enertion, this is not what my question is about.

I believe trampa pays Benjamin Vedder to work on the continued development of the open source software/firmware he started on his own. Dunno though maybe some more expensive components as well with regard to mosfets or driver chip or other QC and customer support costs. From what I hear they are pretty bullet proof but only bought VESCs from torque boards myself so far since been pretty happy with them and only destroyed from my own mistakes.

1 Like

yeah i tried one out about 3 or 4 years ago. It sort-of-but-not-really worked. The brake lighting was unreliable.

1 Like

is this the shiz or not? https://www.ebmakers.com/collections/accessories-1/products/anti-spark-switch

anyone know of an anti spark thats in the usa that works ?

any anti-spark works. but they all die relatively soon that is why few of us use them.
if you really want to use one then use the 3d sevisas anti spark

1 Like

How does Bestech D140 behave near full? I am currently charging my 12s pack for the first time and it seems to stop charging at 49V.

Does that mean it is balancing or is something wrong?

the D140 should go up to 50.1 at least. Check your cell voltages and the connections between them, you may just be slightly out of balance.

1 Like

Got an antispark question.
Context: Friend had one installed in his board. Board wouldnt turn off. Upon checking, I believe a mosfet has blown (heatshrink melted on top of it and it gets hot as hell when you plug it in). I’m gonna make him a loopkey later today to replace it.
Here comes the question:
Can I replace the mosfet to get the antispark running again? And can I upgrade something on an antispark to make it last a bit longer?

I have 1 dual vesc 4.20 and 2 singel vesc 4.12 My question is. It’s just in theory not planning a build but.
Is it possible to hook it up to 4WD? 1 dual and 2 singel
All are Flipsky

I have 2 Motor 6355 190KV with a Max Amps = 80 Amps.
So for the anti spark I can do 100, 150, or 200A
So do i do 2x80amps = I will need 160 protection, so does that mean i need to get the 200A switch?

Simply put, the vesc6/6+ is the flagship phone of the ESC world right now. It’s got more power, more support, and more features than just about anything else out there (ahem and it’s shipping now! ahem)

It has excellent thermal design, is robust electrically, has extras built-in (6+ has an on-board accelerometer for onewheel style vehicles) and has Benjamin Vedder himself working on development.

3 Likes

does anyone know of a x thingie that has a hole for power button and battery level already cut out?

@onebluesummer Send a PM to @akhlut hes the maker :slight_smile:

1 Like

haha i knew someone was going to say that :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I agree :laughing:
ahem but both have bad tech support, ahem

Are the componants really that much better?
It is probably the best choice for an emtb then, right?