Straight cut upgrade ![]()
In progress
Yeah baby. Ditch that helical shit.
What gear ratio are your straight cuts?
3.8 ratio dude.
Pinion removal went well, but then got stalled because I couldn’t find the dremel bit I needed to lengthen the motor mounting holes.
Probably need another 4 or 5mm of length to bring the motor pinion closer to the big hub gear. Hardware shop today.
Might need to dremel the motor mount slots for proper mesh
Yup I definitely do. ![]()
Need to buy new dremel bits today first
Supa Karts indoor track night was awesome ![]()
Board went well, excel RS were really grippy and bindings helped with the tight corners.
Really happy with how it performed ![]()
What’s wrong with helical? I alway sthought it was better (and more silent)
I’m just a basic bitch.
An extra failure point which isn’t needed
Plus straight cut zooms sound cool ![]()
Who prefer it straight, got it
Truth be told i’d prefer belts or even hub motors ![]()
Time and place.
Neither of those is on this board tho ![]()
Sorry, derail ![]()
Are any of the other guys who raced here on the forum? What was the competition like!?
@Byson organised it, not sure about others.
Only the third time we have been there (2nd for me) and hasn’t been regular so speed / competition has been pretty mellow so far. If we get more regular I think should get faster and more competitive.
Top three times (maybe?) today all faster than best time from last visit.
Nice. It feels like racing is really starting to make a name everywhere now!
Dude it was super fun tonight. Last time i was there on my Achilles build with venom mags and had not too much grip. This was super grippppy.
Got some of those ennui palm sliders you recommended - worked well on the one spill I had tonight. ![]()
Was a lot of fun for sure, APPARITION is a beast that’s for sure don’t think the photos do it justice. The other 2 top times were done by a modded flux with 63100 170kv motors un sure on VESC settings 3rd was on an Atlas Pro 2WD.









