“APPARITION” - @rosco's StreetCarver

Straight cut upgrade :call_me_hand:
In progress

4 Likes

Yeah baby. Ditch that helical shit.

2 Likes

What gear ratio are your straight cuts?

3.8 ratio dude.

Pinion removal went well, but then got stalled because I couldn’t find the dremel bit I needed to lengthen the motor mounting holes.

Probably need another 4 or 5mm of length to bring the motor pinion closer to the big hub gear. Hardware shop today.

1 Like

Might need to dremel the motor mount slots for proper mesh

1 Like

Yup I definitely do. :+1:
Need to buy new dremel bits today first

2 Likes

Test ride on the new gears tonight :call_me_hand:
More zooms, great sound too😊

7 Likes

Supa Karts indoor track night was awesome :call_me_hand:
Board went well, excel RS were really grippy and bindings helped with the tight corners.
Really happy with how it performed :blush:

4 Likes

What’s wrong with helical? I alway sthought it was better (and more silent)

1 Like

I’m just a basic bitch.

2 Likes

An extra failure point which isn’t needed
Plus straight cut zooms sound cool :joy:

2 Likes

Who prefer it straight, got it

Truth be told i’d prefer belts or even hub motors :rofl:

Time and place.
Neither of those is on this board tho :joy:

1 Like

Sorry, derail :rofl:

Are any of the other guys who raced here on the forum? What was the competition like!?

1 Like

@Byson organised it, not sure about others.

Only the third time we have been there (2nd for me) and hasn’t been regular so speed / competition has been pretty mellow so far. If we get more regular I think should get faster and more competitive.

Top three times (maybe?) today all faster than best time from last visit.

2 Likes

Nice. It feels like racing is really starting to make a name everywhere now!

2 Likes

Dude it was super fun tonight. Last time i was there on my Achilles build with venom mags and had not too much grip. This was super grippppy.

Got some of those ennui palm sliders you recommended - worked well on the one spill I had tonight. :joy:

1 Like

Was a lot of fun for sure, APPARITION is a beast that’s for sure don’t think the photos do it justice. The other 2 top times were done by a modded flux with 63100 170kv motors un sure on VESC settings 3rd was on an Atlas Pro 2WD.

1 Like

Theses were the times last time out it was winter top few times were on Propel Endeavours 3rd was done on a Hurricane and 4th was done on my DIY Demonseed the time was set by rosco though.

3 Likes