Anyone have a 29" board for sale?

@Tamatoa Well was gunna go Avio or Moon, but gunna wait on Dex to finish up the TB GD now.

Since the ESC is done, only thing keeping me from a full 29" is the 29" inch deck itself.

But I can later carbon fiber over Maple and mill it myself for an interim deck.

1 Like

I also wanted to use those dope precision trucks.

But everyone said they were to wide for a 29" lol

1 Like

I don’t think the ESC will be out before the end of the year unless I missed something.
@torqueboards ??

1 Like

160MM precision’s in the future too?? And maybe idk

2 Likes

Here is another gear drive you could look into

1 Like

I’d stick to gear drives that use steel gears – or belt drives (chain drives?). The not-steel gears I tried once despite having reservations and broke on the first ride – an expensive ride. Of course my opinion may not be popular, but sometimes the truth hurts.

It depends if you want to build a “tool” or a “toy”.

1 Like

Not going to debate the longevity of those gears, I understand that this is your experience with this drive but isn’t this the gear drive that bioboards has been using for quite some time on their boards? it must not be all bad.

1 Like

I was worried up front they weren’t steel – but of course everyone else was like “it’s fine” – so I believed that, until they broke on the first ride.

If the gears aren’t steel, they don’t come into this home. period.

Besides that, belts are really good anyway… so… yeah…

What if gear drives were normal and someone said “hey how about this new drive system that’s cheaper, easier to work on, quieter, can be turned into an analog skate with a pocket knife, uses off-the-shelf timing belt parts, and is way more adjustable?” Then you’d all be jumping through hoops to get it… Well, we already have that now. HTD5M belts.

1 Like

12 Likes

If you don’t turn anything up closer.
I have this Tayto that is a working board that I could take out the battery and esc and ship to the US.
Has carvon v2.5s. Pretty portable.
Edit. Ha. And there’s a photo of us having dinner. :joy:

12 Likes

Oh yes forgot you were selling a Tayto, didn’t know it was a complete tho.

@Underoath888 here is your mini deck

1 Like

I have a few. This is the kids board but they don’t use it, they’re more likely to want to get on the Hummie or something else.
I have one bare deck too.

1 Like

Wait you have hummie decks left?

Just bought Grozniy’s Tayto it comes with one of your enclosures it was a good deal so couldn’t pass.

2 Likes

No Hummie decks. Sorry.

2 Likes

What enclosure are you planning on using on this unfound 29 inch deck?
What battery?
The spud has a very wide wb for a short deck so most other sub 30inch decks won’t be a direct swap/replacement to fit the same parts.

2 Likes

@Skunk @Tamatoa Well I was looking at the torqueboards 12s2P, but that may be too long for a 29"

Is that one’s not going to work I’ll use whatever one you guys reccomend

I’m building a 30" oldschool kicktail from Skateshread.com atm.
I’m also working on a 33 Earthwing kicktail I’ve been working on.
One is 10s2p the other 12s2p.
Both belts drive.
Both a headache getting an enclosure that fits.
Short boards don’t get a ton of love.
Enclosure space is so limited and belt drive doesn’t help the situation.
I’m finally making progress enclosure wise on the Skateshread deck but it’s not an enclosure that you can just order anywhere really.
If I had work space I would attempt making an enclosure.

if you’re not making you own enclosures, and or not making you’re own batterys and not using decks that have enclosures designed to fit a particular deck things get difficult quickly.

4 Likes

The enclosure would be the provided TB one as well

I never thought of that! Thanks,

Kits are shipping on Tuesday, only delay was the decks which took months longer than expected

6 Likes