Anybody ever get chased by stray dogs while riding.

very relatable. aussie thing. i remember riding my bike to school with balloons on my head lol.
good ol times

3 Likes

i dont get chased by stray dogs i get chased by owned dogs who should be on a leash but arentā€¦

and its somehow ā€œmy faultā€ for them chasing me like what

4 Likes

Iā€™m surprised how fast dogs are. I got chased by one few months ago, I was doing 30-35km/h (18-22mph) and the dog was able to keep up with me for good 100-150 meters, then it turned and went back.

2 Likes

They hate spinny things in general

1 Like

Yeah all the time. But if I stop and be aggressive back they always run away. I donā€™t think they plan to attack itā€™s just a fun game for them.

Then as you cruise off they bark to their buddies, did you see that human, scared the poo outa him. Lol. Woof woof woof.

3 Likes

My dog bark at me from the moment I pick up my board until I leave home, not sure if that counts

1 Like

I havenā€™t, but my homie here ate a chihuahua once and made the news.

He told me our dumb boards make noises our human ears canā€™t hear good.

I fear Shepardā€™s and dobermans. They could get us.

7 Likes

No, not my home. I love dogs but mine would think he was snack.

2 Likes

I had to replace a bike helmet years ago because every morning the same magpie would swoop down and take a chunk out of it. He was a mad motherfucker.

I canā€™t be mad at them tho, they are awesome birds. At my old place Iā€™d go out the front in the morning with a couple of bits of bread and feed like 20 of the bastards by hand. I even got them so friendly that one sat on my arm and ate out of my hand.

6 Likes

I had bats attack me here Iā€™m Florida. And rabbits running in my way. Ran over a squirrel once too

3 Likes

Yeah rabbits are dumb.

1 Like

HHaha yeah i got chased by dogs in portugal, way back when i rode a 2s uphill. The dogs managed to keep up with me :sweat_smile:

Whats in it for me :smirk:

Iā€™ve almost squished a couple of ankle biters on retractable leashes. Almost hit one and then my daughter had to bail because of the piece of shit dog. Lucky for the owner that I was able to tell in time that he had a disability because dad rage was boiling.

At one point I was riding a road bike a few times every week in the country. Lots of loose farm dogs. Had to carry a little NAA 22mag in my jersey pocket that was mostly used as warning shots. Only had to actually shoot one dog.

On a group ride with about twenty people and someone in the lead group had already been bitten when I rolled up to the scene. They all yelled warnings to me but I didnā€™t understand. Dog charged me and I popped it right on the rear leg/butt. It didnā€™t want anything to do with us at that point. We pedaled to the next intersection and called the cops. Redneck lady came hauling ass up the road and jumped out to confront us.

She yelled, ā€œOne of you ran over my dogā€.

I replied calmly, ā€œNo, maā€™am. I shot your dog. Iā€™d hang around because the police are on the way and theyā€™re going to want to talk to you about my friends dog bite. Also, this our attorney(pointing to another guy on a bike) and Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s going to need you attorneyā€™s information as wellā€.

She left in a hurry. Cops came and confirmed my legal status, checked the firearm, and shook my hand. Last we saw, she was in cuffs and getting put in the car. Lawyer friend found out it was warrants and possession of meth. Fun times in the hills of TN.

6 Likes

I was riding down a big hill and this little ankle biter came out of nowhere andā€¦wellā€¦bit my fucking ankle! messed up some of my favorite pants smh. nothing serious though

1 Like

I love them too, I have a baby one than when I am in my shed will come down for food. It will take food from your hand. But they are lethal accurate one of my regular rides I avoid in nesting season as I will get swooped every km or so and they will chase you for 800 metres or till they draw blood. dogs are not really a issue here. They are fenced off or on a leash. I have run over a few snakes, they like to sun themselves on the footpaths and not always possible to avoid.

1 Like

Ride faster I hear banjosā€¦

3 Likes

I had a guy come out in the street and stop me. Then he went and got his dog on a leash and waved me on.

On my commute I had two dogs that try to jump out of their fence barking like mad every day. I started shushing them with a finger to the lips eventually they got to where they stopped at that signal. even when i started wearing a full face just turn head towards them them and finger to the ā€œlipsā€ and theyā€™d stop.

3 Likes