An Evasive icon: The ESCape

This is true. But these men deserve encouragement!

2 Likes

Maybe. However all these vendors bailing/ disappearing / scamming people have made me very apprehensive.
So I will let others do the cheering and be the cranky old man in the corner waiting for actual results.

7 Likes

Do you think that trampas selective enforcement is based off of whether they think the people they are threatening with a lawsuit has the money to fight it in court? Like for example stewii was just one guy who doesn’t have the financial resources to fight a legal battle vs enertion who probably could.

5 Likes

I agree. I have full confidence in jeffwu’s ability to bring us quality products. I would be shocked if they turned out to be of poor quality.

3 Likes

Cool. I’ll be the fanboi :rofl:

@jeffwuneo you the man! Bring us all those new juicy ESCs! We love you Jeff!

Also keen to see what you are bringing @Gamer43!

5 Likes

We release when is ready :slight_smile:

10 Likes

See. He won’t be rushed. Only when it is ready it will be released :heart:

2 Likes

The fact that this can even be a question kinda reinforces the apparent conflict of interest.

I can’t speak for anyone’s intentions.

3 Likes

I always thought the main reason they did not fight Enertion beyond the name trademark was because the focbox is based on version 4.12 and Trampa is selling version 6.

1 Like

Enertion initially refused to release their source code/schematics.

The source code eventually came, but it took years. Focbox schematic was eventually released, but no Unity schematic.

I think it was more public pressure than Trampa that got them to release the source code. There’s a reason @b264’s title used to be: Source Code.

10 Likes

Uuummmm funny that

I wonder who would add more to the development of the project 1 man working in his spare time or a company refuseing to comply with the VESC open source guide lines keeping things secret

witch one helps trampa more :thinking:.

Good job is all in for protecting VESC project and BV name.

1 Like

The ESCape did NOT come as is. He replaced quite a few of them, was available all the time via email and the forum to answer questions, even helped some people use it on E-Bikes. The fact is that the VESC6 is way overpriced, it’s a fact because the majority of people won’t by it because of the price.

That sounds remarkably like…
Don’t do anything wrong and you don’t have to worry about the police.

That philosophy doesn’t take into account greed, malfeasance, conflict and greed. Oh, did I say that already?

6 Likes

I think what @taz meant is, if Frank sends you an email or PM demanding this or that, it’s safe to ignore except for the GPL compliance parts.

8 Likes

Without a reference point, this is a completely meaningless statement. :upside_down_face:
Overpriced compared to what?

2 Likes

literally everything else. Its not a lot of research.

3 Likes

Everything is nothing lol.

Show me a product with the reliability track record of the VESC6, same warranty/support quality, no preorders, no scams and is ready to be shipped across the ocean in 2-3 days. All that while being the only hardware manufacturer that supports Vedder.

Give me all of that with lower price than Trampa and I’ll agree with you. :wink:

5 Likes

Go argue somewhere else with someone that is interested, I’m done.

3 Likes

Enertion got a C&D letter from one of the best GPL lawyers around. That option was chosen after chasing the code for more than year and after Jason basically said f…you Vedder by not responding.
The tweaked code was basically used as a warranty lock, or better warranty spoiler.
After FW updates you could not go back. Products came with outdated FW.

• Ben sent an email kindly requesting sources. Sent it again and again.
  • He sent a letter, sent a registered mail
  • He approached Ackmaniac, who coded the stuff.
  • He never got a response from Enertion
  • The customer support team told users that the code was not OS any longer, Enertion bought a license.
7 Likes

I will ad this: There was no other option left on the table and such a letter costs money you rather spend on useful things.

5 Likes

Yeah. That’s Jason for you. “Ignoring will make it go away”. And so it did. His company.

2 Likes