Amateur Legal Advise

Not small claims court. Since you have injuries, the value of the claim far exceeds small claims, which is sometimes as low as a $500 cap, and attorneys are not allowed. Personally, I have seen $0 damage fender benders result in five figure damage awards when the non-fault driver gets 8 months of chiro and massage. So you are well beyond that. If you have to miss any work, keep track of that as well.

Look for a local attorney specializing in car accidents. You might just do a web search of “car accident attorney.” Although this is a criminal matter, that is not what you are looking for. Virtually all larger firms will have handled similar claims 100s or 1000s of times. A smaller shop will probably give you a bit better responsiveness though. These types of attorneys specialize not in the law related to driving, but how to find the available recovery funds.

Good luck and speedy recovery. NONE OF THIS CONSTITUTES LEGAL ADVICE. NO ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. I AM NOT YOUR ATTORNEY, BUT A STRANGER ON THE INTERNET WHO KNOWS ONLY VERY LITTLE ABOUT YOUR ISSUE.

3 Likes

Thanks a ton for your experiences and knowledge.

I don’t know how much this plays into it but I didn’t go to the hospital. The officer who showed up after it got to see the external injuries and should have taken my description of them.

The issue here is not whether you have a claim, but a source of funds for recovery. That said, IF there is a source of funds, then going to the hospital (if you think it is necessary or needed) will lend credence to your personal injury claims. If this happened a day or two ago, soreness and damage often gets worse in the 24-48 hours afterward. You might consider getting checked, but I would discuss with a lawyer if you are concerned with the cost.
Hopefully you were wearing a helmet. Scarring damage is also highly compensable.

25 of may. It happened when I least expected it as these things do. No helmet I was going slow just cruising the neighbor.

Maybe there’s a better option then the hospital for getting muscle and joint pain checked out. I have a pretty big scar on my forearm the hematoma is mostly gone but swells up when agitated.