A Unique ESC: The Spintend Ubox

Yes, you can set it up to use a different remote, it has PWM ports. You’ll lose a lot of the cool features though.

2 Likes

Yes, no problem like said before, just make sure you run the custom FW if you do so!

1 Like

Great thx man for coming back to me!!
And the setup needs to be done for each side as ice seen there are 2 usb ports

1 Like

Nah you connect to one side and just let the wizard make it’s thing.
You can setup each side separately, but usually the wizard does motor detection and stuff for both sides if can bus is enabled.

1 Like

ok got it :slight_smile: just wondered why there are 2 usb connections

There are two USB connections because there are two discrete ESCs that work together over CAN.

If you’re using VESCTool or VariESCTool you can connect to one side, run the wizards for motor and remote setup, and then move back and forth over the CAN without unplugging to adjust the insane default settings that the wizards come up with for motor and battery amps and temp settings, and make sure your duty cycle stuff is straight while you’re in there.

There are two UARTs. If you got the ubox with BT and included remote, both UARTs are occupied. I think you have to use the ESC settings on the remote to free up a UART for metr, i haven’t tried it yet, but if you use a PWM remote you can set that up as usual by telling the side connected to the PWM remote to use PWM instead of UART.

2 Likes

I thought only one was? The one dedicated to the BT module, is the other one dedicated to the remote? I guess that makes sence

2 Likes

yeah basically. The remote is on one and the BT module is on the other.

2 Likes

@longhairedboy gonna update the article about the FW?

1 Like

can u just buy a Lingyi remote on aliexpress ex and link it to the build in reciver

No. Just the Shell is the same, internals are different

2 Likes

i have been writing with spintend today becaus i wanted to buy a ubox but the remote was out of stuck and wanted to know what to do there said i could buy the BKB new remote

there also said the uni1 remote is not coming back in stock but there are working on a new remote

1 Like

this is a snip out off my conversation with spintend today me replay is cuttet out (You can check BKB new remote This is a new remote, you can use it with our ubox internal receiver Because BKB new remote is designed by us So we know that it’s compatible with our ubox internal reciever) We may consider to sell another new designed remote, but still need time to talk with the Reviewer so we can’t ensure when it will be finalized

1 Like

does the ubox work with the trampa wand

It was done by somebody.
But you can’t control lights and other things with it.

Guess bkb hasn’t announcement it yet :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes