A Unique ESC: The Spintend Ubox

i removed the horn cuz it was annoying and my bms is built in dont need no mf remote for that

It doesn’t have the display, it’s a different remote from what you have. If you can make a 7 minute video doing all the actions in the earlier video with yours, then it’s the same remote. If not, we’re talking about two different remotes.

3 Likes

honestly having that many menus in a remote with 2 buttons is just asking for trouble, you probably need to pull out the wiki guide just to switch speed modes, mines got all the important stuff like brake change, cruise, wheel diameter, odometer, tripmeter and batteries anything more should be done via an app instead

1 Like

yeah, doesn’t sound simple but you have also never used it. Making a PB&J sandy can sound complicated if you want it to be.

2 Likes

“boi” you “17” and have no idea what you’re talking about

5 Likes

yea we know u can’t control two fingers already, don’t need to colour it saying u can’t operate two buttons ffs

Also this:

and this:

how does same shell = same product is beyond me

2 Likes

I have the Spintend and i’ll try to do : remote-> vesc then turning off and on the remote to see if it connects to the spintend. It mights work because sometimes i loose connection when I walk away but it automaticaly reconnects

1 Like

what underboard lights are those?

2 Likes

just generic ass led strips

2 Likes

So just for my understand the setup of thiy thing has to be done for each motors right like on a dual single vesc setup?
And its no problem to set up another remote right cause i really like pistol style remotes more than the wheel types

Really gonna take a look at this one for future 16s builds

1 Like

Yes, you can set it up to use a different remote, it has PWM ports. You’ll lose a lot of the cool features though.

2 Likes

Yes, no problem like said before, just make sure you run the custom FW if you do so!

1 Like

Great thx man for coming back to me!!
And the setup needs to be done for each side as ice seen there are 2 usb ports

1 Like

Nah you connect to one side and just let the wizard make it’s thing.
You can setup each side separately, but usually the wizard does motor detection and stuff for both sides if can bus is enabled.

1 Like

ok got it :slight_smile: just wondered why there are 2 usb connections

There are two USB connections because there are two discrete ESCs that work together over CAN.

If you’re using VESCTool or VariESCTool you can connect to one side, run the wizards for motor and remote setup, and then move back and forth over the CAN without unplugging to adjust the insane default settings that the wizards come up with for motor and battery amps and temp settings, and make sure your duty cycle stuff is straight while you’re in there.

There are two UARTs. If you got the ubox with BT and included remote, both UARTs are occupied. I think you have to use the ESC settings on the remote to free up a UART for metr, i haven’t tried it yet, but if you use a PWM remote you can set that up as usual by telling the side connected to the PWM remote to use PWM instead of UART.

2 Likes

I thought only one was? The one dedicated to the BT module, is the other one dedicated to the remote? I guess that makes sence

2 Likes

yeah basically. The remote is on one and the BT module is on the other.

2 Likes

@longhairedboy gonna update the article about the FW?

1 Like

can u just buy a Lingyi remote on aliexpress ex and link it to the build in reciver