MakerX simple Anti-spark switch

1 Like

Unless you’re hiding components somewhere, this just looks like a vedder switch with a different layout.

1 Like

The components are on the back of the circuit board

Yes I see that, but this doesn’t really look like a new design to me.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40142&start=75#p691417

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40142&start=100#p693982

Unless you’ve wildly redesigned the use of 3 resistors, a capacitor, and a diode this design is the same one.

3 Likes

Mind me asking where this is at or how it’s done with the components on your PCB?

1 Like

is the unity’s good?

@YUTW123 any explanation?

1 Like

Pcb layout~

How’d you have a pre-charge using the same components as a vedder switch?

1 Like

Huh?

This ^^^

1 Like

Here’s an anti spark with pre-charge. Where’s yours @YUTW123

3 Likes

I’ll soon tell you i have 2 coming. As one of the leading destroyers of all things anti spark if I can’t kill it then everyone should be safe. For me so far the luna one has lasted the longest but that was only 3 months. That one also failed in the on position and its still in a build I sold because I had a loopkey wired into the loom. Told the guy it was roll to start once the loopkey was in.

Didn’t really

7 Likes

We shall await your verdict

3 Likes

Nice. I’m hoping you get good results. The whole anti-spark part of our builds is shitty and has been for years. I only have one that’s worked reliably for 3+ years. It’s an Ollin one from back in the day. Every other one I try lasts a couple weeks at best.

2 Likes

Fwiw my unity roll to start on both unities is solid. Not using the switches though.

3 Likes

Small size is the factor too. I was confused for a bit because kugs posted a picture of it and I thought it was his. Still not sure how the pre charge is achieved though but for some reason I have high hopes for them.

Enough to pay for them. lol

2 Likes

We will await his veddict :smirk:

2 Likes

Because we so desperately need a small form factor quality switch.

2 Likes

We do and thats why I blindly chucked cash at this in the hopes of a solution.

1 Like

Here’s to hoping. I haven’t even recieved my parts for my first build. The first thing coming in is my metr pro unity edition :joy: but I’ve been researching enough to know these switches are a weak link

2 Likes