9" mudplugger tire, grip grip grip

I’d spend slightly more and get a decent wheel tbh. That valve hole is a chomper without some diy and they look pretty poorly balanced. Also is the 6001 bearing common for mtb? I’m unsure of axle diameters but that’s 28mm OD.

1 Like

Yes. 12/28 ID/OD is pretty standard, with 9.525mm (Trampa Ultimate) & 10mm (Kaly) I.D. options as well.

4 Likes

Is the standard 9" hub diameter 4.65"?

How do the Innova and Primo Alpha inner tubes of this size compare, in terms of ride feel and durability?

It’s a pretty standard format, is all. Those wheels are just the first I came across. You can find them in 10mm ID bearing variant as well, or just swap out bearings.

some interesting tire choices for reference…
offroad:

shlicks:
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_35635_35635?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Tires%20%2B%20Wheels%20>%20Low%20Speed%20Pneumatic%20Tires%20%2B%20Wheels%20>%20Low%20Speed%20Tires&utm_campaign=Kenda%20Tires&utm_content=13441&gclid=CjwKCAiAzuPuBRAIEiwAkkmOSFaIJ1J6hGRzDPViR6NpzagJQx4i0d-prnXsQu7duI4oJ0pdeStILBoCA5UQAvD_BwE

4 Likes

The 10" are massive, too big for MTBs. The board gets really heavy.

3 Likes

Those slicks have me :drooling_face::hushed:

All these muds look cool too

Definitely pushing the boundaries here, however there are a lot of 9" options, and ofc nothing is going to stop me from trying to make the unreasonable work.

1 Like

Is the hole pattern of the required spokes identical to the regular 8 inch?

Running e-toxx gear drives on 8. Not enough clearance.

The hole pattern of the Megastar is identical.

3 Likes