4WD Mountainboard | Trampa Ultimate Spring Truck | Backfire Ranger X1 HUB Motor 4ea | 10 inch tyres | VESC4

How much does it weigh?

Hi @jack.luis,

This board weight is 19kg without battery.
Battery weight is 5kg(10S 20AH)

1 Like

Cool build! @Martin

like the idea of hub motors for AT setups. What kind of top speed can you reach on the road?

I see you have 4 maytech super FOC? How much current can these motors handle? All I can find is that they are rated for 1200 watts each?

Hi @BornBoneless,

I haven’t been able to get max speed. Because I didn’t put the damper in the rear truck for freely direction change.
It seems like riding up to about 30 km/h.

I’m using VESC 4.2. Motor current is 50A.
This hub motor is backfire ranger X1 motor.
I didn’t know detail specification for this motor.

1 Like

please have a look, Martin.

Hi @CoolBay,

Thank you for your information.
I know that this motor is for ranger X1.
X2 motor has some different design.

1 Like

Can you upload a full res close up?

How did it happen? hope you are ok.

With AWD there is some redundancy.

How were you able to hook up the 4 ranger x1 hubs to a single ESC/remote combo? I talked with backfire customer service and they said that the hubs are only compatible with their ESC, which has an MR30 connector.

1 Like

Could those hubs also fit on Mbs matrix 2 with your adapter?

1 Like

see here

he means 4

1 Like

thought you mean MBS tires for a second.

With a custom adapter maybe but if the axles are the wrong size then the hub would need changes.

Oh I see, from looking at his pictures again, he’s using 4 VESC 4.2’s right? Do you know how he paired them all to a single remote though?

1 Like

PWM input is dead simple to split.

Only need red + from one VESC.

1 Like

I’m an extreme beginner to electrical stuff in general, could you explain what you mean by the red + is, and how that enables the pwn signal to feed to all 4 esc’s?

1 Like

Also I’m not sure if you know this, but do you know how he connected the mr30 connector to the vesc4.2? I looked online and it seems like both are 3 wire connectors but does that mean that they’re compatible and can be linked together?

1 Like

You use VESC tool. The input wizard. PWM splitters for RC servos.

1 Like

Do you own a soldering iron?

This thread is meant for helping you.

2 Likes

I love your board!
What tires are you using and do they wobble?
I tested 2 different 10" tires and none of them were perfect.

1 Like