4WD Hub Motor Mountainboard planing

Looks very good. Can you also mount the X1 motors on the Mountainboard Trucks? For off-road its probably better to use a mountainboard deck with bindings.
What Current settings do you use with the different kinds of hub motors and how much do they weigh?
Im very interested in how your experiments turn out.
I also watch your YouTube videos. Do you ride your board to the limit in the videos or are you going slow for filming? Im a little bit of a crazy rider and love the stupid acceleration of 2x100A.

1 Like

X1 Hub motor is possible to mount on the Trampa Ultimate truck.
This motor has 9.5mm axel thickness.

I do not enjoy the fast speed for safty reasons.
So, current setting is some low. around 50A for each.

1 Like

If only it took pneumatics like metroboard tires or somerhing :sob:

1 Like

any updates with the x1 hub 4wd project?

Hi @Cyrulian ,
Please refer to below link.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently changing to a normal road riding version.
Iā€™ll update it soon.

Thatā€™s awesome! Do you mind me asking how you were able to hook up the multiple escā€™s to your remote? I think I remember seeing in another post that you had 1 ESC per hub motor, so in total 4 ESCā€™s. Did you have 2 remotes, or somehow figure out how to hook them up to a single remote?

1 Like

You can do it multiple ways. My preferred method is using CAN bus. You can just connect all can H to all can H and all can L to all can L.
The master vesc will automatically send the remote signal to the other vesc.

1 Like

Gotcha, how does the other method work? Do the two VESCā€™s each have a receiver, and the remote just sends the PWM signal to both of them at the same time? Or is it more complicated than that?

1 Like

For split PWM you just wire all the 4 PWM signal cables in parallel to one remote. Then you have to setup each vesc individually. The downside to this is that you canā€™t run traction control or Bluetooth modules since the individual vesc canā€™t talk to each other over PWM

1 Like

Hi @Cyrulian ,

Iā€™m using 4 VESC.
The two vesc front side are connected by can bus.
And The two vesc rear side are connected by can bus.
And front and rear are connected by ppm y cable.

This Y cable is connected in the receiver.

1 Like

How did you go. I used two of the big motors and the trucks from l faster. They go well as a 2 wheel drive. The trucks can take Trampa dampers apparently. Havenā€™t had any need for 4wd although it would beā€™coolā€™. Plenty of power.

1 Like

What power and speed do you archive with your setup? I eventually concluded hubs are to heavy and went with a lighter 2wd gear drive. on hard accelerations i pull a bit over 6000W and can go 60km/h

Hi all . post not dead ?
Happy to know that X1 hubs can fit Trampa hangers . :sunglasses:
If interested , I made some big hub builds with hoverboard motors .very torquy , but not very fast . 12s minimum and 8/9"tires for 30~33kph
see hereā€¦ itā€™s in French :wink:

[type or paste code here](https://www.e-sk8.fr/t/build-a-base-de-hubs-dhoverboard/10028?u=lurch)
1 Like