40" Drop Deck TB40

Hi guys,

Wanted to share with me the build I just finished (95%) with the TB 40 deck:

To make it 100% finished, I still need:

-Countersunk washer such as this (on the way):

-Dremel few mm from the top mounted gap to be able to fix properly the Davega X (as seen on picture 4)

Part used on the machine:
Deck: TB 40 from @torqueboards
Enclosure: Bigben big enclosure from @BigBen
Battery: 12s8p Samsung 50e (40Ah, 80A continuous, 160A burst), cells bought from Fogstar (@BenF)
ESC: Unity with Metr Pro
Drive train: TB DD 90KV from @torqueboards with TB 110mm Artic Blue 74A
Light: Shredlight
Telemetry: DavegaX from @janpom

Disclaimer: there is no mistake on the DavegaX, my range should be around 160km (100 miles) with that battery, as my consumption is usually around 12/14Wh/Km (19.5/22.5Wh/Mi)… and that’s why I need the Dope grip, feet fatigue is real.

Cheers,

16 Likes

dude! Sick build! This deserves it’s own thread!
Cheers!

5 Likes

Haven’t taken any pictures along the way, the confinement makes me lazy… It’s more for the guys who bought the deck to see what is possible :wink:

1 Like

Yaaaass yaaaass… mm nice ride you got there! Looks like the deck cutout helps a ton, doesn’t look like a 12S8P build on first glance.

Are those reflective strips on your motors? That’s not a bad idea if so…

1 Like

No. If I gave a fuck I’d be advertising at least. I think I’ve ordered 200 before dexter sold any. And sold them, and still selling them, for much less and with more carbon.

14 Likes

Even if its not an exact copy, I mean It still is the same deck that hummie did, no points to TB.

1 Like

Actually… Got some gold paint laying around, and my cans were “destroyed” after 3500 km I did already on them. So repainted the fins in black, and the TB logo in gold, but yeah, it’s a bit reflective but will be washed out at some point I guess

The enclosures should ship sometime in May?

2 Likes

Yeah, should be real soon. Waiting on final samples for the 12S4P V3 Enclosure.

12S4P V3F samples should be done soon too. I think but these will take longer as they are fiberglass.

3 Likes

Have you actually ran it that hard? The cells put out 10a, max according to most online graphs. I feel like 20a per cell would really strain them, maybe even lessen their cycle count significantly :thinking:

Tbh I dunno if that’s how it’ll play out, but the online data made me choose 8p 30q instead of 6p 50e… And even then the pack was never delivered (Hyperion :sleeping:)

5 Likes

Are they shipping with Batteries?

If purchase with yeah, soon. We should have stock of the new battery still in the works though. :sob:

2 Likes

Ho nooo, I am featherweight and do not push the board to the limit (meaning no hard acceleration/hard brake all the times). The max I ll pull is somewhere around 50/60A for a short period of time.

1 Like

What are the dimensions for the enclosure?
Is there only a 12s4p enclosure coming out ?
Double stack coming after the 12s4p and what dimensions.
Thanks

Enclosure is 624x168x28 for the 12s4p. A bit higher around the ESC area.

Debating on a double stack option. Perhaps, but haven’t fully decided yet.

7 Likes

Dex, based on my experience, a lot of people are looking at minimum for a 12s6p for their build, even 12s8p 20700/21700.

I believe it makes sense to release your 12s8p enclosure to match the deck in the near future:) Your fellow followers/customers will be ecstatic :smiley:

7 Likes

@ThomasL Thanks for the heads up. Have been looking into it.

4 Likes

Hi @torqueboards,

I placed an order for the deck and fiberglass enclosure. If decks are ready, would it be possible to have that shipped out separately? Currently throwing together my first build and have a temp enclosure that’ll work.

2 Likes

39 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2020_May

Lol another example of esk8 community sucking up to others