40" Drop Deck TB40

Anyone else had their TB40 crack like this? I submitted a form back in august and was told it’d be a month or so

7 Likes

We should have some new decks soon. Maybe about 2-4 weeks.

New decks have 5 layers of fiberglass so they are much more durable and a tiny bit of flex which is nice.

7 Likes

must have more. morrrrrrreeee

2 Likes

I would not trust my life with that deck…

2 Likes

:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

I have found it easiest to mix the JB weld with a drill on some cardboard, use a skewer to spoon it into the hole, use the drill to insert the insert and spin it, further mixing and coating the hole. To remove the screw once inserted, press down or twist to lock the insert and the screw will come out leaving it at the bottom.

3 Likes

You got a supermarket mask!

1 Like

I ended up having a different safety problem.

I can’t remember if my other deck had this but I had to clean out a bunch of uncleared chips that were stuck in a clump in the hole from routing out the insert holes.

When I cleared this out with my vacuum and a scraper I somehow got a bunch of fiberglass on the front of my pants and shirt. When I touched my shirt I got quite a few stuck in me.

@torqueboards guessing the new run doesn’t have this QC issue, possibly hazzarous if not cleaned properly like me at first just FYI.

1 Like

Hello, can i have an update on torque board 40" drop deck order please?

1 Like

Mine is 95% done just some more epoxy over the side leds and a few issues with my stormcore uarts not working.
Punisher is a 16S3P p42a cells. Stormcore 100D ESC. Motors are rewound and hardened OG flipsky 6384. Loaded top speed is 68km/hour. It has a robogotchi and davegx as well as break lights and tilt sensitive indicators.

Only done 1 ride so far. Almost no flex my first impression coming from a bamboo deck was I didn’t like it. But at 50km+ it comes into its sweet spot so stable and still carves well. It’s also very heavy compared to my direct drive Evo, at least 4kg heavier. 16S3p doesn’t relate to the same range as 12S4P. My robogotchi and davega isn’t working but I estimate I did 30km before my battery dropped down to 52V.

12 Likes

Hows the deck compared to hummies?

I hope its longer :smirk:

2 Likes

Hummie has a bit more flex than the Ver 1 tb40 both are 40 inches FUB’s. Ver 2 of the TB40 has more flex apparently. Deck you need if you need longer is a Rayne Demonseed 44".

3 Likes

Too bad, i really really like the hummie deck but i wouldnt mind 2 inches longer.

3 Likes

is the cutout just like 2-3mm wider and square? or is it tapered?

idk why it would be tapered

7 Likes

Yeah just wider and square no taper

2 Likes

I wonder if/when dex would start selling a 12S4P 21700 pack or just stay with 18650 and have extra space.

1 Like

ftfy :rofl:

2 Likes

haha I would love for that enclosure to show up but by then I will have already made the massive like 10 part printed spacer. If I can make DS 2170 fit I will be happy.

3 Likes

:eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

I mean we have a drawing of the cutout I just keep losing it and forgetting to design it.

1 Like