3D-printable Tanuki Hubs! 🦝

Oh well :smiling_face_with_tear::joy:

1 Like

What did you print in? Mine are nylon 60% infill. Seems fine :))

3d printed here. Look pretty damn fine to meeeee :)))

Fkn heavy as shit tho

Great job dude!

These

1 Like

@Tanuki I like your S type design. I was kinda tempted to buy that file from you, and machine some.

3 Likes

Thx man. Apart from the kaly rims, pretty sure these are the biggest rims available

Looking good dude, this is my sales thread though. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome to do so, but I’d change the design up for metal. They are pretty chunky as is, in aluminium they could be made way slimmer.

Cool suggestion, I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Ahh yeh sorry about that! Ill shut up now

These would be pretty cool I think

Late to the show, here’s some experiments.

Abs prints on x1c. I remixed the inner face of the hub to integrate a pulley. @Tanuki :+1:

4 Likes

Wow they look freaky. Are you going for super low rolling resistance? Can’t imagine that those have good grip in corners.

The integrated pulley is a cool idea, unless you want to change the ratio… oh well, you could simply print another hub, nvm. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi guys, big update!

Due me having not really enough time to manage this account and also not having time for this hobby in general, I’ve made all the stuff in this thread free to download! Huge thanks to all who purchased a set of files from me in the past, it really helped me! <3 Have fun riding, and please post updates if you do dumb stuff with this. If you want parametric files for anything, hit me up and I might or might not respond :smiley:

Edit: Added parametric files.

13 Likes

I have printed 5-6 sets, mainly the wide ones in every material but pla. (Petg, abs, PP, nylon, pctpe, PC)

I’d happily take a set of step files from you, I think I’ll need to adjust them for a build that needs bigger tires for motor clearance.

Nvm, saw the .rar template. Tipped the equivalent of a bottle of Tito’s. This has been the most useful print I’ve ever had.

4 Likes

You’re the best. :smiley: Have fun!

1 Like

Btw, I’d love for someone to SLA print a hub, I don’t have resin printer, othwise i’d done it. I imagine it being very brittle, but very nice looking, sort of like the renders.

1 Like

is it possible for u to post those step file as well?

1 Like

Will take a few hours… its a lot of stuff and Fusion gets pissy at me for some reason if I use their dumb online export tool too much. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

no rush dude, step file just open up more possibilities :pray:t2: u too kind to provide this to the community for free

1 Like