20s Little FOCers on stooge SRB v5#1 comparing to Castle based SRB v5#3

They recoated the Parking lot by my work and I slid out on one of those lines and it was like a cartoon slipping on a banana peel, landed on the top of my head, it was damp though. Why isn’t it standard to texture all painted lines on the ground. I slipped walking on a painted line at target and landed on my kneecap, if I was an old man it would have been bad, and a lawsuit waiting to happen.

1 Like

seriously. those lines suck.

It definitely made my heart jump, especially because it was my first lap at race pace.

It was very interesting(read: scary) to have the racing line defined not by cones, but by an area of no traction. Mess up your line and you’ll be on ice. :rofl:

preSk8Con

Last weekend, I got v5#1 and v5#3 out to preSk8Con to help test the timing system. [carbon fiber helmets interfere, will need special setup]. my racebox telemetry kinda failed. not much interesting to show.

I’m very out of practice. but i felt out both boards. did some full pin ont he straights with v5#1. switching control types is still weird. (vesc current control vs castle presumed duty cycle control) v5#1(vesc) still also seems to pick up more accleration mid speed. not sure if it’s just lagging on the power or if it’s just punchier from mid speed.

I may go back to the OSRR now and try to get used to that. now that i’ve done the long compare of same remote on both v5#3 and v5#1.

photo credit: @SANTI

Wed garage sesh

I got v5#1 and v5#3 out to garage sesh. wed.

but i accidentally ran v5#1 into a wall right of the start.

doh. :cry:

I guess @DEEIF’s board is getting a free HD axles upgrade from me.

I did get into the track a bit. riding v5#3(castle), the proto with @Titoxd1000 trucks, and @Titoxd1000’s new creation, maybe making a come back. I got to where I was giving it my all a few laps. so. maybe i won’t suck when …

I show up for esk8con

Decided i am going. for @JeffyJ, for @MoeStooge.

and if i keep things up maybe i’ll get v5#1 to pull more than 12kw

7 Likes

Hell yes! See you soon!

3 Likes

Turn that frown upside down

2 Likes

3links tire warmer upgrade
for context

2 Likes

woohoo! I’m excited to see all the new faces competing

Also - 150 racers, u kidding me? It’s gonna be crazy

5 Likes

I did try to ride it like that to discharge the batteries some. … it really dragged.

So excited to see my fessyfoo :grin::rofl:. Fr tho, I’m happy you’re coming!!

2 Likes

For Sale v5#1

Ok @DEEIF gave the word, V5#1 is for sale…

Nope. Sold.

took all of a couple of hours.

I’m gonna miss it. I need a vesc raceboard now to replace it.

i’ll try to write a wrap up of findings in this thread when i get a moment. probs after esk8con.

3 Likes

new owner. rode it yesterday. bought today.

8 Likes

Kiiiilller! Is that my man Alex?

1 Like

that is Alex. Probably your man Alex. tho there are quite a few Alex. Only beat out by Ryans.

2 Likes

U aint wrong

I Absolutely love this thing!!! super stoked on it… I will be making an effort to continue this thread and to make strides in pushing it’s performance further, I definitely have much to learn about it // need more riding time but slowly & surely. :metal:t3::zap: I will keep you guys updated on changes made !!

13 Likes

SKP and I have been experimenting with some pretty gnarly stuff but your board is a rad setup. If you have any questions or issues, feel free to reach out! You also have an abundance of resources geographically too.

4 Likes

I appreciate it! I’m going to see about throwing another Vesc on and running smaller motors in the front and make it a 20s 4wd board… just an idea floating in my head right now but what do you think?

5 Likes

20s is very problematic with over heating, 16-18s has been a suite spot for us. I was thinking about the same thing with my spine but not very high on my priority list. Run 16-18s with some 191-205 kv motors and it will be a sick setup.

2 Likes

What exactly overheats ?

2 Likes