2019 time to reflect / 2020 forecast

Esk8 Cup in Paris in 2020.

4 Likes

plan was to migrate countries coinciding with daughter’s pre-college entry.
dived in to potential job transfer with commute in mind.
first looked at e-bikes because e-scoots were technically not allowed, but office didn’t allow bikes to be brought inside, and no way was I leaving them outside.
The next best thing was an e-board. which led me to evolve, which led me wandering here.
soon after, plan had to be aborted with daughter’s flunked grades.

hoping to dump the expensive car rental once the lease runs out.
teach all the kids to skate and slide proper.
increase in leaps and bounds in battery tech to the point where legislation is no longer required.
stealthboards with power come fully online - maybe a “play dumb” mode, where the controller does a fakie.

1 Like

All I want for 2020 is a good reliable remote with display that doesn’t suck ass and doesn’t cost a kidney. Everything else seems to be going pretty good.

1 Like

2020 is the year @pshychotiller finally sends me the enclosure I ordered.

6 Likes

2020: finally get my cnc built
Press decks
Buy a house possibly?
Always wear pads and helmet on rides

8 Likes
2 Likes

Damn $250 for a fully assembled version. That is probably the most expensive option I have seen so far.

1 Like

It also has more functions and a better feel than any remote I know of. (Evening feels like a toy in comparison honestly )
I hear a slightly more budget frindly version will be here in 2020.
But @DerelictRobot would be the one to bug about that.

2 Likes

2019… year of failed flipsky escs. Let’s hope for NEO!
Also the year I learned to build my own batteries and enclosures.
2020… the year I go backwards from 12s and vesc to 8s and rc esc for reliability

6 Likes

The final 1.0 OSRR is aiming at $150-200 retail, beta versions were hand built, small quantity, and came with a small dev kit. They were also offered at non-profit pricing @ $225, with a free upgrade to the final version.

It’s also worth mentioning that the thumbwheel used for the throttle is $70 retail, and worth every penny.

The $99 Hoyt Puck is hands down the best remote available right now, it just lacks a screen.

9 Likes

I have one of the beta osrrs and it has been the best remote I’ve used to date.

The day after I got my kaly I cracked it open and installed.

6 Likes

It seems the consensus is that it’s the best thing on the market though. Buy quality once.

2 Likes

I did lol

1 Like

2019:

• Finished my first build to 100%
    (build thread after my exams end)
  • Made a board for my brother
    (needs some finishing touches + testing but it’s snowy)
  • Sold a friend of mine on a build
    (will have time to finish it after exams)
  • Got a spot-welder and learned how to make battery packs.
  • Slowly collecting parts for my next build, which I hope to assemble sometime early 2020 :slight_smile:

2020:

• Hoping to convince more friends to get into esk8
  • Hoping either NeoBox or TB ESCs prove to be a reliable yet affordable ESC option
  • Hoping for good regulation to come in place. I don’t like avoiding the police.
  • When the new true Linux smartphones come out (Pinephone / Librem 5), I hope to have the time to develop some esk8 apps for them.
9 Likes

VX2 pro. As it happens I have some for sale…

1 Like

2019:
Got a new supplier :smiley:
Introduced my new new trucks, hangers, blah blah
First year of garbage community college :frowning:
Job at pizza place so I dont go broke with my barely profitable business :upside_down_face:

2020:
Building a beautiful board with Vulkanik deck
Introduce the sealed belt drivetrain
Get more As so I can get the hell out of community college

12 Likes

France
Other shit

5 Likes

2019 :

• 2 twin babies and thus no more time to build.
  • Bought parts as usual then enough for 2 builds because of no time to use them/build with.
  • But found a few hours to update my main build to v2. Not tested the board yet because of the weather and kids (twins are a real challenge, like never before. We’re so exhausted for months :wink: But it’s double joy for sure )

2020 :

• Will build at least one of the two designed builds, maybe both if lucky (you never know with kids !)
  • Will build a first MTB \o/ Got some nice parts during BF. Need a Haero Bro deck for sure !
  • Keeping enjoying the twin babies and their big brother (and buy him a small skate)
  • Be nicer
7 Likes

Solid 2020 plan. Planned all year this year to get that done and just didn’t. Want to take advantage of all the trails around me this summer :+1:

3 Likes

2019:

2020:

• Build a 2wd Raceboard…
  • Actually stay at a group ride long enough to meet @Arzamenable
  • Bring my under age ass to barret junction (@Arzamenable)
  • Uhmm go on more group rides and races
  • Have a board that I can keep up with the fast guys (@Arzamenable @scrubski etc)
  • Say goodbye to @Skunk when I leave a group ride early :joy:
14 Likes