10s4p + 10s2p making 10s6p. Possible?

yes it can.
if you have one pack with say 5 Ah and one with 2.5 Ah. even just fully charged they have different levels of energy remaining

No it’s the internal resistance of the cells not the pack size

Under no load thay will balance out. under load the cells with the lowest internal resistance will do more work than the higher resistance cells discharging more until the loads removed then the other cells will try to charge them again until there balanced again because voltageSag.

The lower Ohm cell will heat up with all the constant charging and discharging more than higher resistance cells.

Same reason it’s bad to mix cells in packs difrent chemistry has difrent resistance throu it’s cycle and in its life

2 Likes

eh whatever. Don’t have time to argue this.
some other time maybe.

Okay think about it for a second from per cell standpoint, lets say you have a 1s4p and a 1s1p.

In parallel. one pack is 8Ah and the other is 2Ah.

Voltage in parallel is 3v. For simplicity, lets say the bigger pack has 24Wh left (3*8) and the smaller has 6Wh left.

24/4 cells in the bigger pack is 6Ah.

Each cell has 6Ah left. Perfectly balanced and equal.

1 Like

I do it on my board. I have not had any problem so far and I have ridden it like this for over 500 miles.

It’s not about do it or not it’s about understanding the pros and cons

Will it add more stress on to cells reducing life of the battry
Yes but how much is reasonable in you opinion

Will it blow up if managed resonably
Probably not but any battry could explode.

Big battery’s will always charge little battery’s should be filed with other facts like the earth is flat

Why would it add any more stress than if the pack was built as one big P group?

In an instantaneous measurement, the smaller P group pack might sag a fraction more than the bigger pack under load, but one is not charging the other, and any sag amount is only the voltage differential due to the resistance in the parallel wire connection.

See post above

If the pack was always conected it wouldn’t if it’s a less used pack then it most likely to be in better condition so having a lower internal resistance or if cells used were different type

Isn’t all this still under an assumption from the original post that both packs will be constructed of 30Q cells? In which case per cell internal resistance is theoretically identical?

I agree probably not a good idea to mix 30Qs and NCR flashlight cells in parallel, but if the cells are similar, should be no stress to either

1 Like

It changes from batch to batch and with use

This is true, but I feel like even from batch to batch, it is similar enough that what you mentioned would not come into play unless you’re severely overstressing the cells (which his amp rates should not)

Bro then why don’t we all fall off ?

As I said before

It’s a balancing act of what is reasonable to the indervidual

My point is you need to match more than just voltage

Internal resistance, capacity, discharge chariteristicks all have there place to consider. P count has a lot less to do with it

Well, let’s just all agree that paralleling the packs should be no issue for him and if done right will work for his purposes

1 Like

Magnets

1 Like

LiveJauntyKoi-small

The reason why there is iron in your blood is because underneath the disk is a huge circular magnet that holds you down. This is why things with iron weighs so much and things without it is very light.

There is a conspiracy where the government makes you take iron supplements so you don’t discover the truth.

3 Likes

Truth

PleasantSparseDassie-size_restricted

1 Like

As always this topic is really controversial I have no idea why.