Your Bindings - YoBis - 06.13.20 update (2020 version)

Hey guys

v3 is released on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3619398
Feature an angle of 35 deg, to get better leverage and “intimate” leg interaction.
These also have larger coverage of the foot.

**these are bigger so might be unsuitable for AT boards with big ass battery between the legs (get v2 in this case)

Size comparison: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6bJ6waJ5Hg/
(left-v2, right-v3)
Big thanks to @Saturn_Corp for testing these.
@Arzamenable these might be the ones you needed

Also added “festive caps” for the 10x10 profile: https://www.instagram.com/p/B45LCTIJHVz/
These are the ones I gave to my Santee

Just in case you’re in holiday spirit :grinning:

As before: same interface and metal parts, just swap the plastic parts.

Enjoy,
Dani

10 Likes

Still no bases available for purchase though?

3 Likes

No, sorry.

3 Likes

Hey @dani what thickness did you do the plates? And would you do differently now?

3 Likes

The ideal thickness is 4 to 5mm
I went as high as 1/4" and as low as 1/8".

1/8 makes it challenging to countersunk bolts
And there’s no sense of going higher than 1/4"

3 Likes

I am getting a pair of baseplates made for my self. If any wants a set asweel see this: Baseplates for Yobis - Your bindings - Group buy

2 Likes

Anyone fund the t profiles in EU? Have a hard time finding 2525. There are a lot 2020 around. But 2525…

Even China sites have been a disappointment.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks Dani. Apparently I really suck at googling. Literally spent four hours today googling. Bye bye day off.

1 Like

II had to use 3030 in uk, easy to get hold of.

Cool because the 2525 I ordered last week haven’t been moving at all since I ordered. Did the 3030 fit the holes in the baseplate?

I made my own baseplates with a regular router though i think the dimension were kept the same, i edited the OPs 3d binding model to accept 30mm extrusion.

5 Likes

Got the profile from the Dani link in EU. It’s gomes with pre cut tapper in both ends. So I could just use both ends and safe some tapper work :slight_smile: Will get the print running and get the screws.

1 Like

Double bindings. Hooks are printing. image

2 Likes

Nice one!
Cool way to utilize the existing threads

Printed the left one in PETG. 0.2 layer. walls 2.49 mm and 20% infill. The support came off ok easy, but not super clean. They seem very sturdy. Will print the the right with 0% infill to see how that goes. I think it doesn’t need infill.

I weigh 75 kg.

4 Likes

Looking good!
How long did it take to print?

I wouldn’t suggest ditching the infill, this is my reference for strength:

Never had a failed one, printing with 60% infill

2 Likes

21:34 hours. Why not leave the infill if it is strong enough without? Any specific thoughts on that?

1 Like

That’s long… What printer is that?

This might work, stand on it and see what happens.

Generally I don’t like parts in bending with thin walls unsupported, it could cause buckling.
Take an empty soda bottle and bend it. At some points the wall will buckle in and it won’t support your load any longer. This is basically it.
You want the whole thing to hold your load together, without relative motion.

2 Likes

Those bindings are going to have a ton of force on them during hard acceleration and hair pins… Do you really want to rely on something hollow when you’re going over 35mph? Resolution doesn’t need to be very high for something like this, probably why print time is so high

1 Like