Xenith v2.1 or Stormcore 60D+

I think ide rather have a flipsky then a unity :thinking::astonished::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies, I think I was leaning on the Stormcore anyway but needed your guys valuable opinions to justify it before dropping the cash. I’ve now just notice the USD to NZD exchange rate had tanked in December so may need to wait a little longer unless someone knows of any discount codes?

My board is hibernating during winter and it hurts my soul

Same, if you want to save money get the DV6 and spend the saved money on a metr pro for even better Bluetooth functions

1 Like

Dv6 + robo + flipsky enhanced antispark :flushed:

5 Likes

Also a great setup, but I’ve never run it so I couldn’t say. I imagine it’s good haha

I still like my good ol loopkeys

There is ~5.5mm difference in thickness between the two. It’s not very much but can be a limiting factor when enclosure space is limited.

2 Likes

stormy hands down…but i still have 3 unities as my boards don’t have enough space for the stormy.

As @EDness mentioned, space constraints can be a deciding factor. If the space allows for a Stormcore and they’re available, then absolutely. But if it works t comfortably fit or they’re not available, then one has to make do with what’s there.

For a bit of balance to this thread I’ve ran both ESC’s for a while. The stormcore since it was first available and the Xenith as well and both feel and work almost the same. Whilst the Stormcore is without doubt a higher quality item they function very similarly. Some will tell you that the stormcore feels better but it feels very similar to me at least and I’ve ran both ESC in the same setup on my eMTB, stormcore for about 1.25 - 1.5 years until I blew it up and then Xenith since.

I ran/run both at 100 motor amps and put them through their paces. I’ve ran a 1000wh pack down in less than 10 miles on both setups and they both perform excellently. Never had any overheating issues or weirdness from either. They are both solid options at different price points and often with different availability.

The Xenith does still struggle with the switch issues that the unity had and in my experiance as a reseller has not gone away with the latest incarnation and if its going to fail it tends to do so very early in its life. I’m on the emails that BKB send to UK customers (as they handle the warranty claims) and I have never seen them refuse to authorise Apex to send a replacement. We’ve had I think 5/6 failures in 100 which whilst isn’t great, every one of those has been replaced.

I’ve received 4 Stormcores and have had to pay around £75 per unit in import duty in the UK on top of the price. Is that worth it? Totally is, but has to be factored into the price to obtain one.

7 Likes