[WTS] [USA] Charge port fuses

For those in EU, look here

1 Like

Why would it matter if a fuse is 60 volts vs 12 volts. Other then the amp rating being adjusted with the thickness of the metal that blows?

It can arc over a blown fuse if the voltage rating is too low. But those are extreme edge-cases and in general it’s not really a terrible thing to exceed the voltage rating of a fuse. As long as you’re not exceeding it by orders of magnitude or anything.

It’s better to use a 12V automotive fuse on a 50V charge port — than to not use a fuse at all.

The fuses above are 58V rated fuses though, to be clear

2 Likes

What you mean is even though the fuse blows at the current rating it’s supposed to blow, it blows and still leave the Gap that’s jumpable.

Yeah Ive never seen 12 to 20 series packs arc,
I wonder how close as far as microns for that occur with DC under 100 volts

2 Likes

So just solder it in on either the red or black small wires? @b264

Yes

I usually put it on negative but either one works

If you’re bypassing the BMS, here is a diagram

But it looks like you might not be running in a bypassed configuration. Not sure.

Here is a better pic @b264

The negative will be the easiest to fit it in

2 Likes

Yeah that’s bypass configuration

Yes, put it on that negative wire, all good

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s overkill :rofl:

I usually just solder it on the wires and epoxy it inside the enclosure then go over it with sealant

2 Likes

Hahaha I like to make it look pretty :joy::sweat_smile: @b264

2 Likes

Not much had been posted here for a while, just checking to see if your still mailing these out…

I’m assuming that a 58v fuse is fine for a pack running a lower voltage, say… a 10s 36v pack?
Or would it not blow at the rated 7.5a?

2 Likes

5A fuse will blow at 7A and 1v

1 Like

Well yeah, he does mention that these 7.5a fuses he recommends maximum 4a…

But does voltage difference from it’s rated use case have an effect on that Amp rating? I assume not, as most people don’t run like… 14s-15s packs :laughing:

Yeah you can use the 7.5A fuses for up to 7A or so but I wouldn’t go above 5A without switching to a larger fuse. Just me personally. You’re not trying to blow the fuse. Rather, it’s a safety net.

The voltage rating on fuses is rather insignificant. You can use a 12V fuse for a 50V battery if you want to. It’s better to use a 58V fuse, but the amperage is really what matters, within reason. You can’t use a 12V fuse on a five kilovolt battery.

2 Likes

Yep, new stock is in now :slight_smile:

7.5A, 10A, 15A

@b264 happy mf days imma take 6 15a fuses off ya hands pm me da cost and we can go from there

1 Like

Can one use a 32v one from autozone or oreillys ? I have an 8amp charger with 12s.

You can. It’s not quite as good but probably adequate IMHO

Or,OR, u could buy a 10a blade fuse from ya boi b2 here and have all ur troubles solved :smirk::smirk:

1 Like