[SOLD] Metroboard 55 Mile Range! - $750 Shipped - Possible part out

Metroboard “Slim” - $750 SHIPPED (Contiguous US) SOLD

• This one actually makes me really sad to sell. This was my first “serious” esk8 after my TeamGee H5 got me hooked in the summer of 2019. I have a lot of miles on this bad boy. Its a tank and it will go forever. Its not the fastest ride, and its not the coolest ride, but I would trust this thing to take me cross-country more than I would trust some of the cars I have owned.
  • Speaking of cross-country, it has the “55 mile” battery. I have never rode more than 20 miles in one sitting, but even riding full throttle/full brake everywhere I go I still have 45% battery left when I get home. Riding all out like I do you can definitely get 30 miles out of this bad boy.
  • Has a Bluetooth module and is programmable with the ackmaniac app. Also good for checking battery level, not that you will ever need it. Charge it to full and this board will last longer than you will.
  • Single motor, so the acceleration/brakes are not going to rustle any jimmies in this crowd 25mph top speed on ABEC 107’s.
  • It’s got the 2 watt lights that are mostly there so you don’t get hit, but do provide some light on the road. Controllable with the wheel on the remote.
  • If weight is not too big a factor for you, this board would get you to and from work every day, no sweat. I commuted daily with this champ for 4 months until Portland rain forced me to get something than could handle the wet.
  • Comes with two extra belts and a 4A 10s charger.

Possible part out if I can get people to sign on for all the parts:

4 Likes

If there is interest in enough parts, I would consider parting this out.

Just out of curiosity, what do the internals look like?

1 Like

Honestly I have never opened it up. I subscribe strongly to the “dont fuck with a working board” philosophy championed by @b264, and this board has never broken down to give me a reason to open it up.

Im pretty sure I know what im gonna see on the inside though. Single 4.12 or 4.20 ESC, 10s5p (or 6p?) LG MH1 battery, Mini Remote receiver, some sort of light control module, and thats about it.

3 Likes

That is very fair, your self control is impressive :joy:

2 Likes

I have been very tempted, dont get me wrong haha. But this thing is a workhorse and it feels wrong to do anything to mess with it when it is probably going to outlive me :rofl:

4 Likes

The Metroboard “55 mile” battery is 10S8P double-stack LG MH1 with built-in discharge switched 30A BMS

8 Likes

Greatly appreciated!

If anyone is interested, I would be happy to re-work that pack and bypass it so that it would have a much more useable 80A limit.

1 Like

I’ve sat on my board and rode it too, but not for 20 miles :wink:

4 Likes

I see what you did there :joy:

1 Like

I never had an issue with my metroboard till I opened it up and fucked with it…

3 Likes

This is such a great skate, I can’t believe it hasn’t sold

3 Likes

indeed. I used to fantasise over these metroboards a few years back!

2 Likes

I had one, and it was awesome

This is such a better skate than an Evolve or a China hub motor board. But marketing pizzazz and good looks it has not.

3 Likes

Just gonna give this a wee little bump here. Awesome board, awesome price.

Great to have on hand for those long group rides and as a back up for when your DIY keeps ending up on the bench for repairs or upgrades!

2 Likes

Lol 20 bucks says you saw the other one just sell and said “hmm :thinking:

Also to anyone reading, buy this mans board please

2 Likes

“If he can sell his Metroboard, then maybe I can too!”
-exact thought that went through my head :joy:

Someone prove me right please :sob:

1 Like

Updated price! $1200, I will pay shipping and PayPal fees to anywhere in the continuous United States (lower 48 states and DC).

Desperate to sell? Who, me?

If anyone wants an opinion from someone who isn’t selling this or profiting from the sale in any way, let me be on the record saying that these are some of the best prebuilt boards you can buy. They may not be the prettiest boards, but you’ll be skating long after your buddy’s board has broken down a couple times. You’ll also be skating long after their battery died. These prebuilts blow away an Evolve or Ownboard. They’re the shit.

I can’t believe this is still for sale.

4 Likes

Is this still for sale?

3 Likes