WTB working VESC 6.6 dual / Unity

That’s good. Make sure you don’t prematurely close the dispute, because usually you aren’t able to re-open it. And they will probably try to get you to close it before doing anything, to get rid of your leverage.

1 Like

Trust me, I thought of that haha. I don’t trust this company at all.

I am buying VESC 6.6 from a member here now, so I might just get my money back

1 Like

I had issues with my 6.6 communicating across CANBUS. Wouldn’t update both side firmwares even with “upload all” and would only spin up one motor at a time.

If flipsky just got their shit together, they could have an awesome product

1 Like

what FW Version you are using?

Can’t update that’s a corrupt/missing bootloader that’s a flipsky surprise feature 50% of My flipshite ESC have it. You need a st=link V2 to fix update it. Motors spinning up differently unlikely to be a ESC issue too. Belt too tight or bad detection or issue with hall sensor.

was 5.0, 5.1

st=link v2?

The motors would spin just fine depending on which side of ESC i connected to. Either one would spin its own side

try an older version of the fw, just to check, had a similiar issue some days ago :slight_smile:

Why not just update and program both individually? That’s how I did it with my 6.6dual. just make sure one is programmed as a master and the other as a slave (id 1 and 0)
Also…kinda obvious but still…there’s a can forward option

I tried all of that haha

1 Like

@ethana4 have you taken the stm link route yet?

Enlighten me haha

@ethana4
When an esc doesn’t wanna bootload or update, it’s sometimes sign of a corrupted chip. An stlink allows to connect directly to the chip to hard install a new bootloader into it. Which can make you go from

“Why the fuck won’t you work you piece of shit?”
To
“You’re working like magic, I love you”

Here’s the controller required to hard program the chips

https://www.arrow.com/en/reference-designs/nucleo-f446re-stm32-nucleo-development-board-with-stm32f446ret6-mcu-supports-arduino-and-st-morpho-connectivity/b480d6e4390793108d4bf54c6c0abfae

1 Like

Happen often enough that it should be in everyone’s tool box?

3 Likes

For me yeah. I bought 2 flipsky dual 6.6 escs. Both got corrupted

2 Likes

Yes, and since it’s cheap as shit, no reason not to have it.

1 Like

What’s the process

That’s a whole other story :joy: I’d recommend researching in here and a bit in the old forum. Everything is there, and since it was explained to me, I’m not entirely qualified to assist you in not screwing it up :wink:

1 Like

How long did it take you?

And if you link me a specific process that would be awesome

1 Like