[WTB] US Trampa Barrels

Looking for Barrell dampers to replace the springs.
Etoxx or trampa or other is fine by me.
Shippinf to 91361

2 Likes

We can both order from trampa and split shipping?

1 Like

Not a bad idea at all. I’ll text you

If anybody else in SoCal area wants in let me know

1 Like

@bourbon_norm

1 Like

Go Kaly man they’re softer I haven’t tried etoxx but had to cut reliefs into my trampas to get them turn

2 Likes

I just installed stiffer Dampa’s I ordered a couple weeks ago. I didn’t have any problems turning the spring trucks. You guys just need more gut to hang out there.

3 Likes

What kind of bindings are you using?

I weigh 155lbs and can easily turn in a 5-6ft radius with my barrels… no modifications required. Just gotta lean into it. I think the flex of the Trampa deck brings the tip angle up and helps turning a lot.

I do feel like they softened up a little over time which made it easier to turn too.

1 Like

Kaly barrels do not make sense if you ride with bindings and like off-road sessions. The etoxx/trampa elastomer damper already too soft and they are getting even softer the longer you ride them.

2 Likes

The stock ratcheting Trampa’s. No heel straps.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m starting to feel twisting a leg on a fall. Gonna build some yobis soon

2 Likes

No leg twisting allowed. Both of my ACL’s have been reconstructed. Two screws in each knee still.

2 Likes

interesting - do you ride with the barrels on the inner position? Maybe thats the difference in our experience? I can only run them on the outside on my set up.

Outer position on all my boards. Inner wouldn’t work for me at all.

1 Like

So the issue I’m having is I’m on springs and bindings by trampa. bindings rn are almost entirely open since I’m terrified of falling and losing a leg.
I want to move to yobis (ordered plates the other day. Since I’m terrified of bailing on the street (I ride 4 miles each way to and from work everyday)

I still get wobbles on the street though. Like not bad ones but Enough to make be back off. It’s always just one wobble. Like on a long wide Carve the board will relatively suddenly “snap” back. It’s not an agressive snap. Just like a push to straighten out the carve , which results in overswing and then I have to let off and kill the wobble.

Will barrels fix this? I don’t want to tighten the springs/dampas since right now my bindings don’t really help with the carve pressure

1 Like

I look at it the other way around. I skied before my ACL reconstructions (they happened only two years apart). I thought my knees would be safer with both feet locked to a board so I switched to snowboarding after the surgeries. You can’t twist one leg if both are attached to the same board. Realistically it was a sideways buckle on each leg that tore my knees up, not being twisted. I was still fighting in BJJ tournaments as I approached my 40th birthday.

1 Like

See ok that was my original thought. Like the risk is really just if you lose only one foot from the binding.
I’ve been Snowboarding for over half my life and had some barely wipes but never an issue with knees… Eh yobis will make me happiest still.

1 Like

That said I plan on using the Trampa almost exclusively off road. Going down on the street with that tank strapped to my legs is a nightmare scenario. I spent a lot of years learning how to roll when I get knocked down.

1 Like

Also true. So far I haven’t had issues.
I just love the comfort of 9" and a trampa-line. On the road I don’t have to worry about anything like smaller than a curb.

1 Like