[WTB][US-NYC] AT Esk8 drivetrain + ESC

Hello, I’m looking to buy a bunch of parts for my first belt drive board. I’m going with air-filled AT, and am looking for a few parts. I’m not ready to buy and confirm deals immediately, I’m mostly finalizing my budget for this and figuring out who has what so incase I have to order something from china (definitely will) I won’t have US parts laying around. I’m a beginner and a certified moron so forgive any idiot mistakes I’ll make. If there are any pricing errors or oddities, please call me out on it, Ill fix it.

2x 5055/5065 140kv with MATCHING red pulleys :dizzy_face: (pending @ZachTetra)

l00p key from @ZachTetra

In terms of trucks and stuff, I’ve been looking at this, Looking to spend ~$150 on this kit/bundle.

In terms of ESC, this is what I was looking at. I’ll take any decent equivalent dual vesc. My pack is a 10s3p of 30Q cells so 90A continuous maximum.

For controllers and a reciever, I’ll take anything along the lines of a VX1. Small, that shape and simple to hold and operate. Looking to spend ~$30

The last thing I’m struggling with is an enclosure. I have an MBoards (spare me the “eww”, please. I regret my mistake) extended enclosure that is wayyyy too large and has actually caused some cracking on my deck because it inhibits flex. I’m looking for one of those 2 part enclosures One part that can easily fit a 140x160x40mm battery + BMS and another part for the rest of the electronics including this vesc that I’m looking for. The battery enclosure that I looked at is this. It’s a bit small but I’m looking for something similar. In terms of electronics enclosure, I see no reason to get something like this but if you have anything let me know.

Also, if someone can link me some cheap and basic soft (thick) griptape I would appreciate that. I don’t know what’s horrible and what is usable.

3 Likes

I quickly whipped up this in fusion 360, might end up just using this instead of buying a battery enclosure. Walls are pretty thick and will be fairly solid so I’m not too worried about durability. big enclosure v2.stl (40.9 KB)

1 Like

your profile says to let you know if you’re being incompetent

by not being able to search for griptape, it’s demonstrating incompetence

also I wouldn’t cheap out on a remote/receiver, particularly if you’re riding in nyc where there can be a lot of radio interference

2 Likes

I shouldve specified that I’m not sure how griptape would work on a drop through deck, but Ill figure that out

probably the same as it would on a regular deck, but may be more cutting/shaping/trimming involved

yeah i shouldve just figured that out myself :man_facepalming:

:hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

we all start from zero, this place has really a wealth of knowledge that can generally be found by searching

3 Likes

also I wouldn’t cheap out on a remote/receiver, particularly if you’re riding in nyc where there can be a lot of radio interference

It’s not that bad as I’ve already messed around with some cheap stuff, although not having a delay on acceleration and braking would be nice.

1 Like

having any delay, especially on braking, in nyc, sounds insane

1 Like

not too big of a deal when you’re cruising at litearlly 8 miles per hour because of the poor road quality + 70mm hubs… D: the brakes don’t do much at that speed

My recommendation is: No.
The max continuous discharge rating of a 30Q is 15A

1 Like

typo that i immediately noticed but cant edit out

1 Like

managed to multiply it by 2 somehow

2 Likes

sure, but now you are talking about a bigger board that you’ll go faster on

to each their own

Reliability of remote and controller are equivalent to safety. I live in suburban california and get occasional cutouts. Swapped to a freesk8 puck for that reason. It’s just not something you want to have happen. Even if your slow, you don’t want it going out down a hill, or at a light or God knows.

Get yourself a mini and you’ll be ok :slight_smile: old faithful that remote.

2 Likes

I’ve got a torqueboards AT kit that I’d sell when you get ready. It’s in my extra, extra drawer so probably not going anywhere.

1 Like

Still looking for a dual vesc, and a remote, but I can buy these new.

1 Like

https://eskdiy.com/products?handler=wheels Is there a suitable one?

https://eskdiy.com/products/metle-case-and-w1-deck-without-hand-hole?variant=135156445 Is the internal dimension of this 200x200x45? or is that external dimension

1 Like

@Eskdiy

1 Like