Hubs for Metroboard 155 AT Tire

If anyone got spare and want to sell :blush:, i can buy from metroboard directly but international order maybe took more time, emailed them but no reply yet. i have US address if you can not ship to Indonesia. Thanks.

3 Likes

Found it, directly from Ilan and also can get some spare by buying other stuff and then put note to change it to tire & tube.

This can be closed. Thanks.

2 Likes

Since this thread isn’t closed yet, i’ll just use it again.

So i use this metroboard tires with trampa superstar. But i found the hubs is wobbly no matter i try to installed them. Meanwhile i have emailed their support.

I just want to know if there is any hubs recommendation that also work with this tire, ofcz hassle free :sweat_smile:. Do hypa will have same experience with superstar when installing like, bearing seater isn’t press fit, and also spacer with o-ring, and still got wobble, etc. or any other hubs recommended that available.

Thanks

3 Likes

A bunch?

ones i’ve used them on:
MBS Rockstar II’s
XCELL,

1 Like

I’ll use them with 10mm axle. What spacer is used for rockstar II.

1 Like

Hypa aren’t that good either, loose/flixible bearing seat… The superstar the gunmetal spoke was pretty loose. Black spoke was light press fit. Not the greatest QC. I used some bearing seat loctite to hopefully resolve this issue. Only have a couple of rides so far. I’m using 638 bearings for 8mm axle.

Is the wheel itself wobbling or only while riding. If it’s the latter might want to balance the wheel/tire combo

Even without the tires the hubs is wobbly. Tires are balanced. I think the spokes it is the problems. I use retaining compound, but i don’t like everytime removing wheels, the o-ring got slipped somewhere, make it harder to installed them again with both bearing glued. Also kinda annoying to keep hearing rattling sounds.

not sure. I use them on 12mm axel with 23mm spacers.
I think with a 10mm id bearings the width and therefore spacer would be different.

1 Like

Mean while waiting some solution from trampa if there is. I want to try other hubs. Does anyone know if the bolt positioning on superstar is same with rockstar II or maybe TB hubs or other hubs, so i can use sampe pulley?

I think some of the 3DS is the same as the Superstar pattern

I believe both Rockstar II and Superstars use a 28mm bore with an 23mm interior spacing so you can run 10mm axles with a 16100-2RS bearing and a 23mm M10 spacer

3 Likes

Thanks for that

1 Like

Also you can just buy completed wheels from Metroboard, they run 10mm bearings stock but no idea if they have spacers (they are the Sunmate branded Superstar clones)

Are you using a conversion spacer thing?

Yes i use trampa bearing for 12mm axle, and converse to 10mm bearing, all provided from trampa.

I doubt sunmate will be more precise, but nit sure if metroboard batch of sunmate is better than the alibaba.

It should have better qc

1 Like

You may want to try 16100 bearings with the regular spacer… I doubt metroboard hubs are any better than trampa hubs @ZachTetra

2 Likes

Yes i’ll try that for sure, thanks. Anyway do you use the o-rings?

No I don’t use o-rings. I’m using their regular hub spacer and the axle bearing spacer

1 Like

and I’ve used them on Metro, TB AT, and Kaly…

probably your trampas are fukked

2 Likes