WTB FOCBOX Unity

Also, do I have to have a unity switch? Mine will be connected directly to my batteries. I turn the board on and off by unplugging them

You can short the unity switch so it will turn on with your battery. I havenā€™t done this so I donā€™t remember which pins need to be shorted off the top of my head. Iā€™m sure you can find it if you search ā€œunity switch short pinsā€

Will this work. I have jst plug that I should be able to pull the wires that I dont need out of

And could you send pic of switch plug?

Yep thatā€™s right

alright, so I need to take a 5 pin jst and do what the picture shows

Bingo

Is it regular JST, or a subcategory size

Iā€™ll go measure for you, please hold.

2 mm pin spacing so Jst PH

I donā€™t have the original bluetooth that it come with, just the Metr module. So that means I canā€™t use focbox UI?

Not sure on that one, I havenā€™t used the metr module.

Maybe @longhairedboy knows and can chime in here haha.

I also need to know if the hall sensors for my turnigy sk8 6374 motors will plug directly into ESC or if I need adapters

I think you can. but Iā€™m guessing. I asked for confirmation in the metr thread.

I know you can setup your board using the metr app. it has support for unity. I did it in a pinch from ios version.

focbox ui from a mac (compiled) can connect to and configure a unity using a metr module. and I think itā€™s the same QT codebase to used to make the android app so I think it should work unity app to metr module to unity.

Appreciate you checking.

He just said he asked for you in the thread he linked :wink:

Sweet. What else do I need to know? This is a whole different ballgame than the flipsky 6.6 dual, but I donā€™t want to support that company at all. However, I do still have a flipsky vx1 remote I think Iā€™d like to use with this ESC if I can. Need to know if itā€™s compatible and how to connect it

Also what fuse did you use as a replacement for battery gauge?

No need to worry about that unless itā€™s blown right? Ask me if it ever happens and Iā€™ll look it up.

Appreciate it. Iā€™ll have the 6.6 dual as backup too. I need to figure out what remotes I can use with the unity as well.