WTB - EU -Nice Hubs

Hi guys, Ican’tplanaheadforshit-man at it again.
I’m realizing that my two builds are overlapping so i’m not getting most of both.
So i’m looking for a nice set of hubs to get some diversity.
I’m looking either for them directly from one of you, or pointer to what’s the best to get right now?
I understand that hummies or raptors are getting rare, but i still prey to the gods that one of you want to sell some (at a ridiculously low price, obviously).

I’m not in a hurry because i’m waiting for some parts delivery to open another sell thread, to finance these.

1 Like

Your profile doesn’t include your location.

my bad, edited the title.im in europe

1 Like

If you’re in NY or NJ, you might get really lucky.

1 Like

You should know that luck is NEVER on my side

2 Likes

Don’t ever, EVER, consider getting Raptor hubs.

3 Likes

Good thing to know.
I’ve been looking a bit before asking, but since hubs are not the rage anymore, i don’t find much info on what to get and what not

1 Like

If I had to have hubs right now, I’d buy a set of Meepo hubs with 100mm sleeves. They will run forever, sleeves will be available for some time, and their customer support is the best of the Chinese brands, though still not great.

2 Likes

Why not DDs?

1 Like

i had one set for some times. turns out i realy enjoy getting down sidewalks kind of sideways.
On my current build the motor mounts take most of the abuse, but i don’t wont to risk the whole can every time i go out of my house

1 Like

also that makes sense. i don’t need them new, but they are still at reasonable price that way

1 Like

Hubs always come back :smiley:

DDs are quite expensive but sexy af, also if they fail, which imo happens often unless they are hummies its basically thrash material…

1 Like

Sure, but remember you’re talking to someone who rides budget DDs pretty much daily, and they continue to deliver for me.

2 Likes

I wish I was that person as well lol, never really wanted to take the risk so much money on them because of so many threads with issues.

I also like to give my board hell so small clearance is a no go for me

2 Likes

Man Bill Ive got 1300Km on my Hubs they are working fine - But i recokon being very lightweight - and appling Proper Thermal paste to the Copper heatsink - reduced temps by 25C. never peaking 55C now uphill full throttle on 97mm

But its really hit and miss - thats true

I should add - Im sure there’s QC issues with all the versions of Hubs.

But if you are less than 80kg - and it’s the Hubs with the heatsink > you should be fine at least in terms of Thermals.

If your’re under 80 you might even be able to run older Hubs that had more heat or rather no cooling solution.

But one thing is for sure - going uphill, and being 100KG+ which is fairly average - the raptor hubs dont deliver as advertised in terms of preformance. Under that weight - the less the better.

1 Like

Glad to hear this, because I don’t wish non-working gear on anyone. But I would not invest any money or time in an essentially dead technology at this point.

My personal opinion is go for meepo 100mm hubs, they are really good. Here in Sweden are forgiving roads and I clocked almost 1000km Without issues. I even bought spare hub motors and newest ESC 6.5 to save on import fees. Meepo send them with DHL express so package arrived in 7 working days.

I’m in talk with @Xaeron for a set of maytechs at a decent price. But I’ll keep in mind that you guys really dig the meepos.

1 Like

did they break down after 1000km?