WTB: 5056 motors

I have a friend with one. But can this bell (which I guess you are referring to as the bottom part of the can connected to these windings, right?) be taken off ?

The bell with the magnets glued on needs to be off like in your pic.

1 Like

Huh … ok :slight_smile: thanks.

Are you in the US? I have 140 KV racestars I can ship quickly. Unfortunatly one does not have a pulley tho.

1 Like

Nope, not in US but that’s not a problem I have an address in US that can send to me.
Would u recommend the 140kv ? isn’t that too low KV ? WDYT ?

Gottcha, cool.

KV is important depends on your pulley ratio, which I assume is already selected. These motors were meant for an evolve, which have 150KV stock. Theres theory of motor efficiency related to KV but it’s generally a preference thing since most options for eskate are within ~100KV of each other.

1 Like

@b264, WDYT? My current setup is: 14/36 , 10S3P, 12a , short deck - 31" , will these 140kv racestar be any good ?

Now remember the Racerstar 5065 motors have a 38mm bolt pattern.
Maytech 5065 motors are 30mm bolt pattern.
This has been discussed a few years ago on the Evolve forums when a guy bought Maytech motors for his Evolve and they didn’t fit his motor plates.
And the drawings in the description show this on both motors on their site.
The 38mm bolt pattern is not standard.
Just wanted to let you know.

3 Likes

Thanks @Crashmaster, I’m using TB 50mm mounts, and according to my reading, both should fit …

1 Like

Gotta know wheel size

10chars

I have a pair of sealed evolve 5065 150kv motors if somebody interested.

2 Likes

You will only get about 80% of the speed vs 170kv. So about 20mph vs 24mph estimated.

1 Like

The 140Kv ones will work but your loaded speed shows 20.0mph which means you will have stiff brakes and lots of torque – which is good – but you will top out at a slower speed. On a short deck like that, this is totally acceptable. This would also increase your range, topping out at a lower speed.

Going up to 200Kv changes your loaded top speed to 28.6mph which is more in-line with a normal DIY electric longboard. But the range will be lower, weaker brakes, and less torque.

It’s really up to you. Both will work fine. I would not go under 130Kv or over 210Kv though.

2 Likes

Thanks man !!! much appreciated.

1 Like