WTB: 12S4P that fits Hummie/TB40

Hi,

I’d like to purchase as big a battery (12S) as I can fit into my Hummie. The Hummie is slimmer than the tb40 so I’m guessing it’d be a 12S4P, but if a 12S5P could fit the Hummie that’d be awesome.

I appreciate you reading the post, as well as any help/advice you can spare. Thanks and ride safe everyone!

-Jason

2 Likes

Depending on the enclosure, a big Ben double stack enclosure will hold a 12s8p on stagger. The only modding is widening the recess in the deck around 20mm.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @J0ker ! I have definitely considered widening the hummie out to fit a larger battery. I prefer to buy used to go easier on the family budget but… I love the idea of gettting a double stack for the hummie so I can fit something larger in there.

2 Likes

If you’re looking to cure range anxiety, double stack 8p is the way to go. Loved my hummie. Adjustable base paltes, 3dS 320 hangers, 3dS gear drives, and bergs. 45mph all day long. Bare in mind I’m only 140lbs so I do no damage to an 8p lol.

If i was building another hummie, I’d go double stack again.

2 Likes

I have double stack 12s7p of 30q’s in mine, and it’s TIGHT.

I’ve heard the newer hummies can fit 21700 cells in them tho.

Are you looking to have one built? What time frame you looking at? Where do you live?

1 Like

Hey @ShutterShock !
I’ve been messaging with Paul on a sales thread. He’s selling a 12s3p P42A pack. I haven’t gotten the dimensions from him yet but I’m hoping that’ll fit. Used would be a must given my family’s budget. Sole provider of wife and two young ones. Paul’s selling his for $275 which seems like a good deal. Just gotta make sure it’ll fit.

3 Likes

Fair enough, it will most likely fit.

2 Likes

10s9p and 4wd :muscle:
Edit - I cheated tho, big diy enclosure

2 Likes

A 12s4p from eovan which is 20 inches by 8 fit the routed tb deck absolutely perfect in width, and about 2 inches leftover with a stormcore inside it. Idk anything about the hummie decks routed section though. If your bms is modular youd prolly have more room but the eovan pack is just a big long 20 inch flat pack

1 Like

If your top mounting the vesc my guess would be a 12s 5…mmmmaaaybe 6? I just ordered a double stack enclosure from bbenclosures so i can double stack my tb deck

1 Like

Oh man, that’s gonna be sweet! Please post a pic of the TB40 double stack enclosure when you are able to. I’d love to see how it looks on your deck.

The TB40 is routed wider than the Hummie but I believe the length and depth is the same.

The tb one is routed 8 inches. I know it fits as 12s4p 21700. But this is the tb double stack enclosure i just paid shipping today so its on its way tomorrow

1 Like

Hi all,

Much thanks to everyone who provided advice, guidance, and good ideas during my search for a suitable budget-friendly battery. I found one thanks to @Paul77, and am very happy with it. It’s a 12S3P P42A built in 2020 with around 30 cycles. I can’t wait to slap it in my hummie and get back to cruising around the beach. In the meantime I’ll start saving up for a Big Ben double stack enclosure (see above), along with a new battery from one of the great battery builders on this site. As many of you no doubt feel, this site has been such an amazing resource for anything and everything PEV related.

Skate safe and have fun my friends!

2 Likes

Im glad you found one that works, i hope you get the enjoyment i did out of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you go with a flat pack in a hummie, the deck and the cutout are not flat. I dont know anything about the tb40 though. Its would be good to take precautions with that.

2 Likes

I’ve been selling these now no longer available K2 26650 cells with 3800mah on eBay.
26650 LiFePO4 3800mAh 3.2v K2 Energy Battery 12A/4c 28A/8c | eBay
Lifepo4 with highest capacity

I could sell u a bunch and a flexible pcb to put them on and a kydex enclosure. 12s3p single layer

1 Like

Nice so your gonna go the same route heh? Youll have to hit him up on here or on i.g. as he doesnt have any other sites. Once it gets here ill take more pics so yoou can see the actual appearance of it on the board better.

2 Likes

That’d be great! I appreciate your help.