WTB: 10s charger

Hey guys, I just had a 10s3p battery built by @TheRef and it looks great so far. Got it in the mail today, but will have to wait till the end of the week to set the new build up. I am in need of a 10s charger for it, looking for recommendations that will not break the bank or explode the board. Don’t know too much so any help is appreciated in regards to battery chargers! Thanks

I have one, PM me and I can get you a photo when I get home

1 Like

If Brian doesn’t hook you up, you can wait lots of weeks for this one:

I’ve been using it for awhile and it works great.

YZPower is a trusted brand. Don’t know your pack, but they also have 5-8 amp quick chargers.

1 Like

It’s a good idea, but I can’t wait that long unfortunately. Maybe like 2 weeks max, dont want to wait like a month or 2 for them to get it to me

On amazon they have 3a chargers for like $20 as well

1 Like

Have you tried any of them, if so can you link to one that is half decent?

I have 2 of them from 2 different sellers. I chopped the end off and put a gx16 connector on for my boards.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088NJKC1Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_ZVM845GTT5JSDYY829YM

Thanks! I don’t know too much about chargers, but since it says 10s I’m going to assume it will be compatible with a 10s battery. Since it has prime shipping im just gonna order it and test it out. Hopefully it doesn’t blow up lmao

1 Like

eh I have 2 of them I doubt they’ll blow up on you.

If that Amazon photo is accurate, that’s a YZPower 3A charger, per the model number.

@KonnerFallos1 , what battery pack do you have with what cells?
30Q cells are rated for 0.75A to 1.5A standard charge rate (4A for infrequent fast charging). If you’re still using a 10s3p pack, that’s x3 = 2.25A to 4.5A standard charge.

Then a 3A charger is a good slow charge rate, but you could go with a 4A charger for slightly faster charger times.

Yep they’re just rebranded yzpower chargers.

if its liion or lipo, then yes, otherwise, probably not

I use a 1.8amp unless I’m going back out…then I use the 5amp. I try not to get in the habit of fast charging but I dont think 1 amp per cell is too much for lithium ion. Not sure how to math out a 1c charge rate on a 3000mah cell. I keep thinking it would be 3amps. That seems high…idk. maybe someone can set me straight

1 Like

I believe I’m using p26a cells for a 10s3p battery. @TheRef is that correct?

The Max charging current for the p26a is 6a per cell according to the data sheet… I wouldn’t push it that far though. 6a total charge would be plenty sufficient to charge quickly without harming the cells. Charging slower is always better though. I would have two chargers personally or an adjustable charger. One for regular use and one for speed when you need it occasionally while out and about.

2 Likes

Yes correct.

It really all depends on the cell you use. Slower charging is better and safer. but most cells we use in this industry are high discharge/charge so a lot of the battery packs can have very high charge ratings… Output 42V 3A for 36V Charger 10S Lithium Battery Pack DC5.5 x 2.1mm Connector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088NJKC1Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_SC27ZB5ZY3TXD39JHA0X

1 Like

Mooch rates the P26A cell at 1A standard charge, 6A occasional fast charge. So you’d be perfectly safe with the 3A standard charger for a 10S3P and up to even a 10A occasional fast charger.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/battery-charge-current-ratings-table.7823/

1 Like