Would you buy an antispark? UPDATE: All antisparks have been sold

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Simple question. This antispark has roll to start, auto turn off, and inrush current limiting. 12S 100A and is the size of a loopkey. Cheaper than existing antisparks on the market.

Link to Review Thread

1 Like
  • Maybe
  • Depends on price

0 voters

1 Like

Add a ‘If its reliable (proven via video)’ option :stuck_out_tongue:

Talk is great, and I believe you @Gamer43 . I really do, you’re obviously skilled and knowledgeable about EE stuffs… But I just can’t bring myself to hand over money for an AS switch unless theres been extensive proof that it can do its intended purpose :thinking:

Dont you have @mmaner running one of yours now?

7 Likes

I voted yes, if it is indeed the size of a loop key. In My Neo board I’m VERY tight on space, and am considering a Trampa VESC 6 mk3 just because of its integrated antispark. The Flipsky smart AS might actually be too big.

1 Like

Yep. Waiting on the rain to go away so I can get to the requisite 200 mile mark. So far no issues, working flawlessly.

7 Likes

I have an antispark with at least 1000 miles on it. It’s a 3 fet one from @eLDoska as seen here

It’s been absolutely trouble free for a couple of years now so yeah deffo :+1:

3 Likes

testing it in the rain may be a good way to test its durability. @b264 rides in the rain and snow.

2 Likes

I do not. Every fall I have ever had the took me out of the game for a time was when it was raining. I just dont do it.

9 Likes

130%?lol

Edit, just saw the vote 2 options lol

7 Likes

This.

I’ve got one. No problems so far. I have not tested it yet with a non-Unity / Flipsky VX2 combo, however. Roll to start on the unity with the VX2 causes wirdness.

But the AS itself is solid. At the moment i’m using it with a single VESC-X and an older maytech v2 remote. Not needing a power button is a glorious thing so i hope it keeps working long enough to be able to start using it in more budget builds using lower cost ESCs which often don’t have built in switches.

6 Likes

What’s the price point on something like this?

1 Like

I had three of the martinsp ones and all three failed on me. Luckily all three failed on me while only just starting to accelerate from stand still or just braking going downwards on a bridge only at the very end.

Pretty hesitant now to try it again but I sure like the no button solution. Buttons have also always failed on me with wetness.

3 Likes

In my experience the only three eswitches that have not failed completely in a relatively short amount of time are:

• Flyer 300 amp variant (its huge, you have to order five or more at a time, and sort of expensive)
  • Something i’m testing for the lacroix guys that i can’t talk about but is also rather large
  • the one this thread is about, which is tiny, buttonless, and seems to handle single drive loads like a boss which are often very unfriendly to eswitches.

every other one has blown up or failed into the on position.

10 Likes

I’ve also been running the diebiems but I accidentally shorted one and my back up diebiems was faulty from the start.
They do roll to start too. I think I like them but I’m not sure they balance very well. Haven’t been able to run them long enough to be sure.

Then there’s the other thing I am starting to worry about is if I forego an off switch entirely my only option to disconnect the battery for an emergency is to open up my board which takes too long if it’s an emergency.

I think I’m going to just run the as150 antispark solution as a piece of mind. That’s been solid all the way.

4 Likes

You can always run both a killswitch and antispark. The antispark saves you the hassle of plugging and unplugging every time. I personally have a lot of trouble plugging and unplugging XT90S connectors.

Also, you can run a push button with this antispark, it is optional.

5 Likes

how small is small?
my loopkey is tiny :yum:

1 Like

my dick too.

i need to stop with those fucking awful jokes

9 Likes

But last time it felt huge tho-

6 Likes

you know i’m insecure…

5 Likes

Don’t know what for