Will's Eskate Journey - Haya 92 First Build

Hello all. I thought I would share my first build with you below, but first a little about my journey to this point.

It all started last summer. I was moved work locations due to the pandemic and outside the new place there was a lovely park. One day I saw a Backfire advert on Facebook and the idea god me hooked. After that I got my hands on a second hand Boosted Mini X. Damn I miss that little thing.

It was perfect for going around the park (1 mile perimeter) and the weather made it awesome. After a few weeks though I wanted something a bit more capable so I could go from asphalt to grass.

Behold the Bajaboard. Another second hand buy. This one I did not get along with so well. The brakes seemed way too sharp, and it just didn’t seem safe. Braking a tiny bit would throw you off the board.

Summer was starting to end and I decided that it was time to sell it as there was limited chance of using it in the wet (UK weather is so bad during the winter).

I still had the Boosted but again this wasn’t used in months so someone bought it from me on eBay. I was then down to zero eskate.

At this point I discovered the forum and decided to buy a load of parts to make a Kaly.nyc/Lacroix replica. Eboosted SS enclosure, Trampa deck etc. I had nearly all the parts but then decided I wanted a Flux Motion. I bought that and the parts for both boards just sat there for a few months. The thought of the battery was putting me off. Plus the weather being bad so I eventually scrapped the idea and bought a Trampa!

The parts from the old build are all now with their new owners. (Except a set of MBS Oil Slick trucks and motor mounts/pulleys so if anyone wants to buy them please hit me up)

The thing is bloody awesome! So much more capable than anything I have ever ridden, and so much more waterproof.

After a while I realised how much I miss eurathane. I also fell ill. This illness really fucked me up so I bought some parts for something to look forward to when I’m better. This time I was going to nail the DIY and actually complete the build!

I am on the mend now and the build is complete. I’m pretty proud of it!

Behold, the Haya 92.

Specs:
Haya 92 deck. Thanks to @BigBen
12s4p Molicel p28a. Thanks to @Rad (and for the vesc setup help!)
Focbox Unity.
Boardnamics 270mm trucks - second hand but can barely tell the difference.
Torqueboards 110mm Arctic Blue wheels.
Flipsky VX2.
Nexusboards motor mounts.
Maytech 6374 motors.

Photos:

It was finished this morning. I’m pretty proud of my work. I managed to get down the end of the road, adjust the trucks and then it started raining! Just my luck!

I will post more photos when I have been out on it, but for now enjoy my story. If you ever get an illness, start a project as something to look forward to when you’re better. It really helps!

Peace and Love,
Will.

28 Likes

Great journey, I like how you already got a lot of experience with a variety of boards in under a year. And the haya looks clean af, well done!

3 Likes

Good to see you got rolling! That board has sat about on a couple of shelves for too long!

2 Likes

Thank you both. Went out for a first ride today and it was awesome. I don’t have the budget/need but really tempted by another DIY!

1 Like

that is neat, love the blue

2 Likes