[Wiki]Building a battery (SERIOUS)

As the Battery builders club thread exists and that thread is so big and the knowledge is far spread, I thought to create a centralized place for methods and standardisation of building batteries as I was building one. This wiki is for people, who want to build their own battery. @tinp123 @BluPenguin @glyphiks @Lee_Wright @thisguyhere @Chibatterysystems

This is the initial post

Disclaimer: Batteries are dangerous. You must be aware of this.

14 Likes

Cells

It’s imperative to use high-drain cells like Molicell P42A or Samsung 30Q. Laptop cells or other cells not designed for high currents will not work well.

1 Like

Nickel

There is a nice chart of current ratings for nickel

And also round your Nickel edges to prevent shorts from positive to the negative outside pole.

1 Like

Just pony up and get a Kweld or a Malectrics.
(drop mic)

We’ve seen soooo many people here waste money on the Sunnko or whatever, they are pretty bad from what we’ve seen.

I have both Malectrics and Kweld welders, and I found that If I paired them with a decent lipo or the right car battery are incredibly robust, versatile, easy to use, and reasonably priced.
(Pics coming from my phone later)
-iamasalmon

Isolation

You always want each P-group insulated from other P-groups with fishpaper. You can obtain fishpaper from:

Electrical tape, heatshrink, polyimide tape, or other things are not a substitute for fishpaper, as it’s very good at holding up to vibrations and abrasions.

1 Like

Placeholder(shipping)

now you have a placeholder

just give it 24 hours

Heh, sorry bud

3 Likes

The intention is, that this wiki is for people, who want to build their own battery. You know, what I mean?

3 Likes

Got it! The more the merrier

2 Likes

Nice, theres def a lot of confusion if not miss information out there about building. I’ll be sure to help fill in when I have the time.

Yeah, this sounds great. Thanks, Yannick.

3 Likes

Count me in.
Thank you for sharing the knowledge!

Xtra

1 Like

I’ll restructure the first post to the wiki, that all members can edit. Placeholders will get removed. I cannot do it alone (I cann do the most of it, time issue) and need help to do the Maintenance.

2 Likes

Hi, any updates on this wiki?

2 Likes

I added a few things just now because of this call to action

4 Likes

got notified of updated edits. :slight_smile: but those don’t make it clear what changed.

I think updated Nickel section this time? Yay. :slight_smile: consolidating and refining information is harder than spewing it out.

1 Like

Just added the rounded nickel. Cells is also a construction site. :slight_smile:
I need more people in here. :joy:

3 Likes

I’ll try to get you some more friends.

2 Likes