DIY ESK8 Truck Hanger Compendium [Worldwide]

Hoyt ROSA trucks are very wide and very stable.

7 Likes

^ best rkp trucks on the market by far.

3 Likes

That doesn’t sound too good :sweat_smile:

I know Heath Lewis is running an angled riser with his Hypertrucks on the Flux deck. He also has a steering damper.

What’s the hanger length on the Hoyt UAV ROSA? Curious about what the max motor length could be on those.

Edit: And what are the baseplate angles?

So are you just looking to go wider?

What’s the purpose of the build?

4 Likes

To avoid the motors hitting the deck you end up choosing they have a different version of the mounts with the motors down lower. Then you can run pretty big motors on them.

See Al’s post about them:
Hoyt St UAV trucks… on a DiY.

1 Like
4 Likes

I don’t know exactly how wide you’re going but @PropulsionBoards has some cool new trucks available - completely untested in our community but neat for sure

2 Likes

Ill take the cristicisim but I really enjoy the flipsky 15 inch trucks with the spherical bearing mod and tkp baseplate i went with them bc they were what i could aford.

2 Likes

@davidbonde uses those on his lighter-duty airfield boards with 6355s and 12s. They do look like great trucks, but I am leaning away from DKP.

Hypertruck hangers are not 480mm

Next to a 320mm hanger

4 Likes

Gotcha, so ~330mm/13in looks like. Thanks.

The wide stance with 150/175/200mm AT wheels is primarily what I’m aiming for (currently).

So a stance look? :eyes:

3 Likes

I think so, yes.

How do you like the Apex Airs?

1 Like

great for everything except low speed hard carving, unless you love rail grabs or weigh a lot.

1 Like

I have had great experience with those flipsky trucks. what I have done is put them on a very long wheelbase deck. That adds to stability and easy of use. And there is just something about those large wheelbase decks that feels so damn good. The flow of the carve ohh boy…

What I have done on the boards that I have beginners on, is to remove the one of the turn point in the front truck so I have tkp in front and a dkp rear. Feels really good and I have now had 150 people out riding who have never stood on a skateboard before. 10-15 min. on the board and they are flying.

I have made a personally setup with dkp both front and rear and 175 pneumatics. Thats a really fun board. I limit the speed to 28 kmh. That way I can give it make throttle and not worrying about too hard acceleration or getting to a too high speed. And then its just to carve away. Thats hat asphalt surfing is all about for me.

And trucks are cheap!! But a bushing swap is a nice idea.

1 Like

Are Savage Truck hangers considered wide?

1 Like

I think with the right bushings you can definitely get something that carves amazing at low speeds. Their adjustability is one of the main selling points.

3 Likes