Why get a metr module?

I successfully upgraded my escooter with a UBOX vesc and I’m currently using the VESC android app as a speedometer and for telemetry.

I saw/read that many like to use the metr module for VESC for telemetry and realtime data.
What does metr offer that the VESC app doesn’t and is it worth 50-80€

I don’t think it’s in stock or manufactured anymore, so this is a moot point at this moment.

1 Like

Very nice way of answering.

@OP the metr module is used for logging your rides.
You can start logging vescs data and then combine the GPS data from your phone to make a map.

On this map you can see where you rode + how much current etc you were pulling at that moment.

It’s pretty neat.

6 Likes

Could find a used one, or some vendors might still have some, or get the beta Robogotchi.

But yeah it’s also nice because it logs throughout your ride so you can revisit what happened. The VESC app essentially only gives you snapshots and realtime. You can also try the Yours Truly app and o get an idea of what a metr or logger is like, downside to that one is using you phone gps and battery.

2 Likes

standard metr, does what others have said

metr sd, can do all that while not needing the app connected

metr can version, uses the canbus instead of uart port

metr gps, does not rely on ur phone’s gps for tracking rides

metr lte, allow u to track that device anywhere in the world as long as there is cell signal coverage

7 Likes

additionally, there’s metr.unity that plugs into a unity or clone

1 Like

Sadly there’s no SD or GPS available for that, but it doesn’t use a port which is nice

3 Likes

I just went to metr.at and the metr pro does seem to be in stock

2 Likes

It also takes up 0 extra space to add it to an existing build. I might have to grab one unless there is some space next to/ on top of my remote receiver to add in another metr there.

Pretty sure my remote’s spedometer is shit and I want an easier way to double check it but also am very low on space after getting a bigger battery.

Nice. Grab them up while you can then LOL

I prefer the CANBUS version but I might get one of those

1 Like

Why when the next gen is coming soon ™️