Who here builds batteries for free?

I build a lot of batteries, many for our local esk8 hustling skate shop. Though I do intend to eventually offer them for sale, it won’t be until I complete my relentless pursuit to make it scalable. I track a lot of data… down to how much time it takes to cut nickel, assemble P groups, etc. for various types of builds. The build time continues to diminish, but the labor costs (if and when treated as an area of business) are huge. My goal is to simplify and define some tasks which are non-hazardous and could be completed by someone else (scalable) then inspected.

Who else nerds out with SOPs? :joy::nerd_face:

5 Likes

I’m going mining for Copper and Cobalt anyone want to come?
:construction_worker_man: :construction_worker_woman:

19 Likes

I need money sign me up

1 Like

i charge labor but not enough.

10 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

Everyone buy your shit from Joe he’s a gem

6 Likes

happy belated valentine’s day

4 Likes

3 Likes

And that’s what i tell them.

I’m not stressed about not getting the business. For me personaly it just means more time with the kids and maybe it takes longer to order some pulleys or some shit.

I’m stressed about the idea that they’re going to go get a cheap ass battery from CheapCo and set thier house on fire.

We all hear “you get what you pay for” but i think for most people that never actually sinks in. In this particular case, its entirely possible that what you DON’T pay for will get YOU.

18 Likes

let’s build esk8 batteries on asteroids!

for free…

4 Likes

Good work ain’t cheap and cheap work ain’t good.

8 Likes

I haven’t tried that drug yet

4 Likes

My battery 12s4p is 250€ without shipping or 300€ with free shipping :smiley:

11 Likes

When ever someone asks how much for a pack you should just tell them Ima need bout tree fiddy.

5 Likes

Well you’re taking some sort of payment! At least for materials and a bottle of whiskey

2 Likes

I have built quite a few batteries for friends for just materials cost, pizza and beer.
When asked how much it would take for me to sell complete batteries to someone else, the answer always is “so expensive you are better off buying from somebody else”.
I can’t really see how some of the guys that are selling batteries can do it and make a reasonable profit after taking everything into account.

9 Likes

It’s a vicious cycle of buying shit in bulk to save, then got all this excess stuff, so need to sell it cheap. Then I’m out of stuff, order more, and cycle starts again.

24 Likes

If you build a classic car from nothing and use a crate engine is the car built or bought?

6 Likes

Self assembled

2 Likes

It was the one he slowed down for us, wasn’t it? Yeah, good point!

5 Likes

If you aren’t pressing your own deck using wood from a tree that you have fallen yourself with your hand made axe… I mean, you kinda have to stop somewhere. There’s more of a DIY and less of a DIY but unless you purchased it ready to ride, it’s still DIY.

9 Likes