Which Board Should I Get!

So I have the choice between a Used Eovan GTS Carbon Super or a brand new Lycoan TRX 3.0

Im having trouble deciding on which board to get as the Eovan is just better in every aspect but the TRX would be brand new
The owner of the Eovan said he used it for 400 miles and stopped using it and let it sit for 8 months but said the battery was at 60% for storage, Should that be a concern?

1 Like

seems like you have your answer

has never meant much in my experience. all I heard was “it’s untested”

full disclosure, I know fuckall about either of these boards. but better and known-good will always trump new and not-better in my book.

6 Likes

Get the new board dude.

Used esk8 is all kinds of sketchy.

1 Like

Especially if he is lying about it being kept at 60%, you have no way to verify that and if it was kept at a super high or low voltage he could have damaged it. Also, warranty is very important, I don’t know if either of these companies actually honors their warranty though.

2 Likes

Yeah no way.
I’d take a P42a 12s3p pack over a suspect 12s4p Panasonic pack all day…

1 Like

Board sitting for 8 months sounds kinda bad, if it doesn’t get charge and discharge. Try to look for other good deals, there are other models similar to the Eovan

3 Likes

Agreed, Lycaon doesn’t have good reputation from what I know.

3 Likes

Just a heads up, their CS is kind of questionable. If something breaks within warranty then you’ll eventually get a replacement but don’t expect them to be quick about it. Took them 3 months to send me a replacement battery and then what they sent was poorly built and lasted 3 months max.

The first battery was well built but with poor quality cells which is how I drained it with daily use in 6 or 7 months. That was from a board built in 2020 though so I have no idea if they’ve started using better batteries or not.

I bought the GR and the hub motors and trucks are still in use from it. They refuse to die despite damage to them. Front end was run over by a car even.

I’d say they have a subpar reputation. The boards are reliable and well built, but the customer service is slow but they will eventually fix issues. Which is better than other China based prebuilt companies that never reply after you have the board. I’d say you get what you pay for unless they jacked their prices up from the last time I looked. :person_shrugging:

If the board was taken care of i dont see any issues but most of my boards were used.

ill say it now Eovan Support is absolutely trash and id be surprised if you ever got a response let alone a replacement part if you ever were to need one. 60% For storage should be fine but 8 months is pretty long.

Lycaon is an alright brand, they’re definitely nothing special about their support but the value for money is pretty good

id get the lycaon because of the better battery. Sure the Eovan might be more powerful but it has panasonic cells which sag super hard so thats why id get the Lycaon.

3 Likes

Bad lycon board batterie experience here 1st gen trx

1 Like

My first board was an eovan GTS carbon super, I’ve put about 1500 miles on it

This is entirely true

Also incredibly true

If these 2 are indeed your only options then I’d go with the Lycaon but if you’re able to save up more, or wait for another deal there are other boards you can get in the same price range with better performance and reputation.

There are used boards on this forum I’d trust a lot more

2 Likes

I wouldn’t really mind if I did need a replacement part and time was needed, I would be annoyed but a have a backfire zealot which has been my ol’ reliable, have had it for 3 years with no issue and have kept the battery in excellent condition (still getting about 12-15 miles range)
I’m just looking for something with more range and acceleration, the backfire can get me far but I want to be able to make a bigger loop. My price range is about 1200$

1 Like

You can can get a Meepo bamboo hurricane for that right?
belt drive.
I think that may be a good value.

1 Like

I was also looking at something like the exway atlas carbon or even balling out and getting the atlas pro

1 Like

Would recommend Zeus Pro instead.

3 Likes

The Bamboo one looks really good.

spiderbatterysystems on the r/electricskateboarding reddit is selling a custom Eovan with a 12s4p battery and stormcore. Pretty much everything wrong with the original Eovan is fixed with his and hes selling it for 1350, id probably get that.

4 Likes

Sent in a order for the atlas as it was recommended by a friend, why do you say the ownboard? I still have time. I wanted to get the exway because if that super fast charger, and the expandability with something like the auxpack etc. the battery on the ownboard is bigger plus bigger motors but the exway looks to have much more features and expandability. Plus 1hr to a full charge would help a ton on long rides. I wouldn’t use that charger much but only if I’m going on a trip

Exway 1000W (20A) with the stock batteries is not good lol. Thats will degrade it extremely fast and a fire risk. Maybe with the aux pack it will handle it a bit better? But at that price point you’re getting close to a Flux, which a lot of people can agree is a very good platform to start and expand.

The difference between Zeus Pro and Atlas:

-Zeus Pro use TKP vs Atlas DKP

-Zeus Pro have better acceleration and braking. (2WD)

-Ownboard have two options between M50A and P42A cells for their battery. Both are recommended by the DIY community, for good reasons.

And I’m biased against the atlas. Mainly cause me and my friend both ridden a Zeus Pro and they never caused any problems. If someone here had ridden the Atlas they can tell you more about it.

1 Like