What's your lowest avg Wh/mi to date?

So, its super snowy and only hills here and the old tires i had were set to 35 psi for better grip in the snow and im 140 kilos so yeah, 35-40wh/km(56-64wh/ru), but i changed tires last night to the mudpluggers and i recon i can run them at 65 psi because they have much more grip, will do a run on them tomorrow probably and see if i can get the wh down

1 Like

I got 20.2 wh/km (32.5 wh/mi) on my single motor 80100 trampa.

Anyone with dual 80100 to compare single/dual efficiency?

:joy: sorry but in miles that is far less efficient at 16.64 watt per mile I love the metric system to!
:grin:

Use medium size thane, never start from a standstill, feather your remote to maintain a medium/low speed and use small motors.

Hours of boredom there.

2 Likes

I was thinking more about specs and settings.

2 Likes

Nerd talk, I’m out

1 Like

:joy: Guys like me need guys like you and vice versa. Your input was valuable

3 Likes

I win with 2-4.

6374 mono drive, 14/40 gears, 12s2p 30q, 12 batt amps, TB vesc 4.12.

For running small dogs, maybe 4mph.

4wh/mi last time I checked

6 Likes

I have a penny board that fits all those requirements, was about 7 wh/mi on a good day around campus

2 Likes

Id love to see a pic

Of the board? It’s been dismantled and replaced but lemme see

This was when it was being torn down

2 Likes

larger motors are more efficient for the same performance

1 Like

multiple larger motors are more efficient than a small single motor, for the same constant speed or same acceleration

2 Likes

But smaller motors have a lower no load current, don’t they?

1 Like

large motors are more efficient… fatter windings therefore have lower electrical resistance and therefore less heat and I^2R=W copper losses, for the same acceleration and constant speed.

Is there a shape that is better? Like short and fat motors?

Lower electrical resistance for the same KV is more efficient- generally larger motors allow it.

more gear reduction ratio and lower motor current limit settings is more efficient

if you’re riding slow for efficiency the iron losses you refer to will be insignificant compared to the copper losses, and the copper are lower with larger multiple motors that have fatter windings

The science is super cool and all that but small motors cant go zoooooom and so people arent tempted to heavy finger them. Social sciences?

7 Likes