What's the fastest I can go on a Lacroix?

I’m riding a Lacroix Lonestar with 18t/72t setup with a Stormcore 60d and I’m getting 38mph top speed before I hit the max duty cycle. I’m running 80A to each motor.
What is the fastest I speed I can achieve with this speed controller by changing my gearing?
Full Lonestar specs here;

1 Like

:call_me_hand:
2 Likes

The limit is the Stormcore not the gearing

1 Like

But you asked

2 Likes

What are your peak motor/ESC temperatures right now?

2 Likes

@Jujo @CiscoV @Skyart If speed was your game on lacroix what gear ratio would you use without sacrificing torque too much? Maybe 20/60 :flushed:

1 Like

Anything in the 18/60s range should be more than enough imo. After that, I’d bump up duty cycles or lose some weight. If they have motor pulleys larger than 18T, then i’d go that direction too, but with how heavy the Lonestar is and with it’s base parts, I’d say 38mph top speed is fine

2 Likes

Lacroix has a 20/62 set up that will probably get you to the 50mph+. I ran that set up once and hit 38mph at like 50% throttle. Scared the hell out of me lmao.

6 Likes

And I think you have aluminum 20t for sale :call_me_hand:
1 Like

I do but my cousin is borrowing them lmao

1 Like

As @tipsy alluded to…

Push those motor amps up as long as the motors aren’t overheating.

3 Likes

Changing the motor pulleys from 18t to 20t should be the cheapest, easiest, and easiest to un-do way of increasing top speed by ~10%. With proper snap ring pliers, its a 5min job to swap 'em. If the don’t want to slide off easily, or have been loctited on, I’ve had good results prying against the motor plate with a smooth-edged flat polished wrench or the plastic covered handles of pliers (to not mar the plate or pulley.) Going to 9in tires will also give a 10% boost, with even better grip and comfort vs 8in. MBS 225x65 work great on Fivestars, but you will need to space pulleys ~4-5mm away from hub face with standoffs or washers, space the hub outward ~4mm with 2x 7/16 (tight M12 ID) washers, and space the motors inboard about 2mm with a single Volvo copper oil drain plug washer (22.2mm ID, 25.9mm OD) Same spacer setup suits either 200x75 Phatties (Qind / Qing Da) or 9in T2 on these hubs. Do both, increase top speed 20%.

On the old 12s12p unity Lonestar with 18/72 at 150lbs I have maxed about 41mph, 20T will get you speed but highly recommend against it, torque and acceleration feels gutless on 20s :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

in 12s 200amp fvesc 20/32 I reached 64mph in an electric rollin buggy my next tests will be done in 15s with new vesc

3 Likes