What's the cheapest geardrive that can fit Cloud wheels?

Can I get adapters for Cloud wheels with BN M1 drives?

don’t cloud wheels just use kegel or abec mounting? BNM1 has gears for both of those mounting standards.

if you’re thinking of getting a gear drive I’d get the BNM1 even if it doesn’t work with cloudwheels, it’s such a great drivetrain it’s worth using a different set of wheels just to experience it.

1 Like

Cloud wheel have an abec core, yes. but on the BN site there is only a abec flywheel option (with 6 round metal tubes sticking out of the adapter) it doesn’t resemble a abec pulley, are you sure that’s the one?

i’d agree with @tech.shit boardnamics m1 is the way to go, even if u have to use TB110 instead or whatever

1 Like

it fits all abec open cores, “flywheel” is the original wheel by the company abec that used that core, much like the orangutan kegel is the wheel model that first used the “kegel” core.

many wheels use these cores, not just the Abec flywheel and Orangutan kegel respectively.

Gonna have to have someone design you a pulley. The discovery core pulleys are different than standard abec and abec clones.

Your probably better off waiting for that dkp gear drive.

1 Like

this, or IMO you’re better off just getting the BNM1 and using better wheels than clouds

1 Like

I swear I’ve seen someone with clouds on M1s
Ive tested the abec adaptor in them and it was reaaallly tight. Most likely because the cloud core was redesigned with larger spokes. I can’t say that I’d be comfortable as is, but maybe with a slight drill out so there isn’t a constant pressure on the core from the adapter being so tight, but that also weakens the core.

3 Likes

So for the Boardnamics M1 GD, the adapter fits genuine ABEC (Hoyt 111), perfectly

As for the cloudwheels, I tried to stick it in, and I am fairly certain I could just press it in, but I didn’t want to try, and then have to attempt prying it out.

So you could easily just open up the holes on the CW a TINY bit and it would be perfectly fine

3 Likes

Excuse my stupid questions, but what trucks are the geardrives compatible with?

only Caliber II and clones of those like Boardnamics trucks.

though I think you can use the truck adapters from the AT gear drives and also put them on matrix 2 trucks and Apex Airs

That should be listed on the respective website pages

1 Like