What question do you hear the most (Serious)

I am trying to gather all of the most common noob questions we get here. I will be compiling all questions and, if possible, your personal answer to that question.
I will include them all into a wiki page with tags. This way, noobs will have another thing to read that just might have the answer to their question. Maybe the person who answered might be able to further assist them if their problem follows the lead of the original problem.
So…let’s make this happen. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

To name a few-

Vesc vs Chinese esc.
What remotes can be used.
Where to get parts/trusted vendors.
What are battery p/s counts and batteries in general.
Programming a vesc (this has been covered by @mmaner)

1 Like

I get that but those are common subjects not common questions :wink:
Got anything people ask you a tad more specific and what do you answer (when it hasn’t been the 24th time you’ve gotten the same question today)?

1 Like

So basicly a FAQ guide?

Why is the motor spinning in the wrong direction

5 Likes

Kinda but more specifically about the things we already know but that that turn out to only be common knowledge to regulars and seasoned builders.

In example:
What is a pgroup?
It is a group of batteries connected in parallel inside a pack. For example, a 10s2p will contain 2 groups of 10

2 Likes

I will be quoting you…so what’s your answer to this?

1 Like

Or 10 groups of 2 :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

What do sensors do?
What’s the difference between foc and bldc?

1 Like

@KfromtheBay I’m backwards aren’t I?

1 Like

Assuming “group” is referring to P-Group. Seems to make more sense. Or would make more sense to someone with less battery knowledge

I don’t know the answer as to “why” but I know to swap the phase wire around until it spins the way you want.

3 Likes

What is the best:wheels, esc, motor, deck, trucks/mounts…

Sensors give you a smoother startup as it lets your esc know your motors position.

Foc runs your motors quieter and smoother than bldc however foc puts more strain on your esc.

1 Like

That’s a question that should be answered by “its personal preference” :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Is that a boosted?

6 Likes

How fast can I go

It would be great to get the top 3 or so manufacturers of different parts, talk about why they are preferred. So someone can look up esc’s and see a pros cons list of the major manufacturers.

2 Likes

@BillGordon @mmaner @anorak234
Idea for an article?

3 Likes

The long term goal is to follow the example set by @mmaner with his remote article, but do that across all parts like you guys have mentioned.

2 Likes