What if... you woke up in 2003 or 2004

So been sitting at work trying not to lose my mind and randomly the question pops in my head. What if i woke up back in 2004, my high school days, but with the knowledge i have, how would i build an eboard with the given tech? Also asides from having insider trading knowledge, bitcoin, and other things that would make me rich.

I’d probably start off with a mountain board for a chassis. Would probably have to run it with a chain. But I’m not sure about batteries. First thought would be a trip to the RC shop, but I’m not sure how the batteries were then since i wasnt in to that stuff then. More like high school depression and tennis.

4 Likes

probably jerry rig something out of shit ton of 9V or lead acid battery.

i would just buy and win lottery, with enough money u can do anything

4 Likes

Damn… If you bought $1000 in bitcoin in 2009 and held, you’d have over 600 million if you sold it at its peak last year

Same thing with tesla, opened at like $4, if you sold at the peak of $1200… Ooof haha

7 Likes

Brooo… dont remind me. I legit was gonna put my tax return into bitcoin back then when it was a topic but was young and poor and didn’t.

5 Likes

No one could have ever predicted it, and people would have thought you were dumb for doing so. As awesome as it could have been, shouldn’t feel too bad about it

But anyways besides money, I suppose capitalizing on an opening business activity in something I am passionate about would be cool

For example, being first to market in custom PC building or something

3 Likes

Oh of course that would be at the top of my list, but in the mean time i need an eboard to cruise on. With the interwebz just getting on to cable, i need to ride a board!

1 Like

Dude! You’re getting a DELL!

2 Likes

Lol I’m typing this on a dell workstation as we speak

Imagine starting up on Youtube right when it began, it would be a grind but there could be more than one Pewdiepie

4 Likes

I’m so out of touch since my pc is a build idk the prebuilt companies now

1 Like

Behold… the oldest YouTube video out there

4 Likes

its not a must for me. and with enough money u can push for manufacturing standard liion battery cells, bring what we have now to earlier days, u might even beat elon to come out with even better cells than 4680

with enough technological advancement, u can push futher with propulsion tech, or maybe somehow made a discovery on how to make things hover (yes, real hoverboard), building rockets to moon / mars / titan, or even further.

depending on how fast u can learn / do things, AI robot that work for u? tiny mobile quantum computer? calculating if teleportation is possible? prove there is 4th dimension?

oh god, this is a wall of text

2 Likes

Lol that definitely is a good point, but I’d have to wait another year or two to be 18 years old. And then convincing ppl i know shit and being able to start that shit up. But once i become the most powerful nonpolitical man in the world, I’d also prevent Harambe from getting killed too

1 Like

u can do a whole lot more which would lead to Harambe not in that position. unite all human, no hunger, no war, no bullshit. preserver the planet, animal, different species

these will never happen, but we can dream right?

3 Likes

Definitely would have tried to get with the older ladies more!!!

5 Likes

I’d get me a nice old skool deck, hammerhead or a Peralta or sumn. I’d find a local metalworker or boat builder, and have them make the enclosure. 18650’s existed, so a battery pack wouldn’t be a problem, although I’m not so sure how bms’s were back then. Probably chain drive for simplicity sake in that era. Deffo stuck with RC stuff for the esc and remote. Mounts and pulleys/sprockets, that’s another trip to a machinist. Nice thick longboard wheels, probably drill out a 5 hole pattern. Trucks, well, any will do really, but let’s go with ronin’s, cuz y not. File hangers down for triangular pressfit mounts.

Am I missing anything?

2 Likes

What if… you woke up in 2003 or 2004

Well, I wouldnt have woken up if it was 2003, and it depends on when in 2004. :rofl:

6 Likes

Oh dude, I’d be less picky about the choice in women overall

1 Like

Sounds badass! Good ideas! I think i might just do a project like that just to see.

1 Like

Is that bc u werent born or were tripping ballz?

1 Like

Now doubt get me wrong, I’m happilymarried, thinks my wife is smoking hott and wouldn’t ever cheat or anything like that.just speaking about younger me would have done things differently. But yes way less picky, and probably have just said yes to whatever.

1 Like