What esc do I have?

This may sound silly, but it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out on my Spintend V1 Dual.

The unit does not power on when power is applied. You have to use the included momentary switch to turn it on, then the LED on the switch comes on and you can communicate with the ESC.

Since there are no LEDs on the ESC itself and two LED pins on the switch connector, I assume the red and green LEDs referred to are in the switch.

3 Likes

thanks and that’s likely it. about to use the included switch but not sure which socket to put the plug …?
i plugged it into the obvious socket with the same amount of pins and nothing when i push the button when connected to battery

r plugged it into the other 4 pin and just a white short light when i push the switch

and now its green!!!

1 Like

thanks. …i think im good.

1 Like

@hummieee too many issues with the esc, the usb c is most likely desoldered. I had my my ubox. use to be an ok vesc when it came out, not its just hot garbage. check if it connects to the vesc via ble. if it don’t good luck with warranty. I got left on read for 2 days then went to paypal and was broke at the time I couldn’t ship it back and missed my paycheck by like 2 days. FUN TIME. I evntually just said fuck it and threw the vesc into a reflow oven and that seemed to fix most of what was wrong with it besides also swapping a resistor to the drv chips. ANYWAYS good luck getting it running. Can’t recommend spintend anymore too much shit I had to deal with and CS was a joke.

2 Likes

you got it going at least right?

1 Like

yeh it was a pain in the ass and I taught myself how to diagnose boards and schematics.

1 Like

It works … but it’s all over w the throttle. does it work w 5.2 firmware or what firmware should I get? I assume the 75100 firmware at Vesc and this 5.2 is the problem?