What do u think about TB's motors

Hello, i am going to be starting my first real diy board here within the month(last diy used premade 5055 motors) and i have heard both amazing things about the TB motors as well as horror stories? Im going to be getting 6374 dual. The rest of my setup consists of 10s3p, dual TB vesc, as well as their pulley/mounting hardware. Any suggestions on changes that I should make would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

They are fine, even better in the latest revision

11 Likes

Keep in mind that while tb has had a few bad motors here and there, dexter has always taken care of his customers.

9 Likes

awesome thanks!

1 Like

We had a horrible run for a sec but we replaced everything and hopefully made them more durable in the process of a horrible outcome. :sob: New motors should be :+1: !

15 Likes

Their new motors are better than some of the older ones.

2 Likes

Awesome to hear! everything i saw was from a while ago anyway, i was just making sure i was making the right decision and I guess i am. awesome to see a response straight from the company.

2 Likes

yup, thats what ive been hearing, sounds like the best choice for me

2 Likes

I’ve been using TBs vesc, motors, batt pack, and hardware from the beginning (around 2 years into building) and not problem at all…only things that I’m not super happy is the batt pack (big stuff and had a disconnected wire the first ride, so I have to open it and do some soldering) and the last motor mount I got…costumer service is very good and no doubt they are constantly improving their stuff. Imo is a very reliable company fingers up :rocket:

2 Likes

sounds good thanks for the reply, i have an mboards 10s4p battery pack that i will be using

The torqueboards motors work great. I don’t know where you managed to hear horror stories about TB, nothing I have bought from them has ever broken and my motors have 600 miles on them and they are still perfectly fine. They have taken a beating from the miles and rocks and such that bump against them. Additionally, I also put about 300 miles on the TB vescs and they were fine as well.

I think their new motors are even better than their old ones. I like their design and if I hadn’t just gotten the Barabaji 6480’s I would have gotten the TB ones.

I will add also that they have always taken amazing care of me, replacing parts and such when things went wrong and even offering to replace the crappy V3 motor clamps that would never stay tight. I have the 2-piece V4 clamps that they sent me and those haven’t budged since I attached them.

3 Likes

awesome to hear! after hearing back from multiple people it sounds like its a good product as well as their mounting kit(I will also be picking that up.) thanks for your feedback, ride on!

1 Like

Its an Illuminati secret handshake.

1 Like

Oh that makes more sense now thanks for the clarification. :joy:

1 Like

I exist only to enlighten

2 Likes

Of course. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

That takes serious stones to admit your company had an issue. I love seeing this. Its so rare for a brand to acknowledge their mistakes and help people through it. I know where I’m getting my next motors…

6 Likes

exactly what i was thinking, VERY good company is the impression im getting which is a good thing

1 Like

Rocking my dual 6374 for maybe 1.5 years now. No issues, heavily scratched. Their mounts are also nice since you know it will all bolt together and fit.

3 Likes

yup im also planning on getting their mounts