What are your Top 10 Tools?

Don’t think you need those beefy ones for esk8?

1 Like

Not dykes… flush cut pliers… I build Trophy Trucks for a living, and racing dirt bikes… and I like my tools to work… ever seen below the fibreglass at how many zipties are on a trophy truck or race bike?

2 Likes

Alan wrench set
Ratchet and Wrench set
Analog over digital dial calipers! The zero on digital calipers gets off way too easily, you have to reset it way more frequently.
Soldering station
Skate tools also come in pretty handy.

3 Likes

YUP sk8 tool…

but Faaaak analog calipers unless you wish resolution =/- ,5mm
Press the button, reset… easy peasy and have a known teltale measuring block of varying dimensions to compare it against… I ain’t got no time for analog calipers, I grew up with slide rules… faaaak that interpretive stuff, you’re a tool, gimme the deets!

1 Like

When I see a kewl build but I see Philips head screws I fucking cringe… like fingernails on a chalkboard!!

YIKES

EDIT: see my reco for having a GREAT set of quality Phillips head screwdrivers… so you can take those bitches out and throw them in the trash, I’d piss on Mr. Phillips grave for fucking this up, just as much as i really hate Jimmy-fucking-carter that the USA is stuck in the SAE middle-ages!!

Yeah Amazon micrometers are a little inconsistent. Looking at analog micrometers.

Something like this is perfect

3 Likes

Video this event while tutoring the new drives. Hey hang on weren’t you the one who handed Jeff a shifter?

1 Like

Locktight…every color and fucking liters of the shit

2 Likes

Mitutoyos are legendary in quality. I fell in love instantly

6 Likes

We had Torx Screws too… Plenty left from V1. The idea with phillips was that you could open the lid using your standard skate tool

If you have access to metric bolts you could buy some: DIN 965 M4x8 Torx

Gotta go with the Spoon…fork is a close second. :spoon::shallow_pan_of_food:

5 Likes

Simple, cheap and good enough for XT90

Anti vibration washers for anything you don’t want to move

1 Like

SPORKs fucking rule!

2 Likes

The power of christ

5 Likes

Something like this is very helpful

It compels you!

Fixed for ya

1 Like

can’t agree more with this one lol :slight_smile:

1. common sense and fear LOL
  2. massive box of tape, foam, neprene, sticky and coat’y things
  3. wera hex
  4. weller 100w solder
  5. alien bike tool (top portable… fits so many esk8 things)
  6. dremel esp. carbide bit

… cant think of many more essentials

1 Like

Decent solder, allen key set, flux, wire stripper/snips, flux and a high quality drill bit set. The key is to spend a little though, I’ve found that cheap tools might do the job as well but not many times before they are replaced or redundant.

Drawers full of connectors, fuses, washers, bearings and all that stuff.

I think for the average builder that would likely see you through, when you start getting into fabrication things get a bit more hairy.

1 Like