Wanted: Someone to repair Foxbox

I will pay for the help. Not looking for a freebie. I’m located in Florida.

I’m running dual Focbox in my build and one of them is working appropriately. I’ve updated the firmware and settings and am currently riding my board on one motor. The other is the issue.

Opened VESC tool. Updated firmware. Went to reconnect and I lost the green signal light and get an error saying could not connect.

Is it bricked? Is there someone in the forum who troubleshoots Focboxes?

2 Likes

@JohnnyMeduse

2 Likes

Your location would help greatly.

Updated. Thanks

1 Like

Message was sent a while ago. Not interested I guess?

@ThermalM16 are you still doing repairs? in florida?

1 Like

He’s a busy man lol. Patience maybe?

1 Like

@Reelop19 He did repair on my focbox maybe a year ago and its still running strong. Highly recommend

1 Like

foxboxes are perfect and don’t break though :frowning:

1 Like

@MartinSp great guy just doesnt contact you much

he is europe based though

It sounds like you may have only bricked the firmware. Was there some problem before you attempted the firmware update?

You can reprogram it yourself if you have a $21 stlinkv2 programmer

The software to load the hex file is stm32 utility

Not sure which connector is the swio on the focbox. It’s probably a jst sh type. You can get pre-crimped leads on digikey and use .1" breadboard jumpers to connect to the stlinkv2.

I would suggest purchasing a St-link and trying to fix it yourself, could just be a simple firmware issue

1 Like

+1 for this idea

if it doesn’t work, sell the programmer on here.

I’ve got a st-link, you want it?

1 Like

Using the new Vesc tool there’s a process to fix the firmware using your good focbox without an st-link.
I can’t remember where the instructions are.
@Andy87 I think You’ve done it right?

@Excess i didn’t write a how to but I already flashed a bricked vesc based esc via swd port. It’s super easy and no need for a st v2 link. 21$ is by the way super expensive for that link. The 8$ Amazon next day delivery version would do the trick as well.
The problem with the st link is that as min I first needed some time to understand how everything works. Programming via swd port doesn’t need anything, besides the right cable for the swd port.
On the focbox you need to add header to the pcb as the swd port isn’t populated, but you also would need to do that with the st v2 link as well.

Here a screenshot from @Trampa franks post a while back how to flash the firmware via swd port

To add to this, also hit disconnect when the firmware upload finished.

2 Likes

fake st link $7 on amazon prime

$1.80 on ebay from china

focbox has empty holes.

1 Like